1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domains VS Subdomains - AdSense Niche Websites

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Boris_yo, Feb 14, 2009.

Usually when i decide to build new AdSense niche website i buy domain. But what if i will use subdomain? Will this be big difference in terms of traffic. Will i get reduced traffic or worse rankings when using subdomain?

I prefer subdomains because i don't need to buy domains and pay on a per-year basis.

Boris_yo, Feb 14, 2009 IP
  2. ramsport4x4

ramsport4x4 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't see any reason why a sub-domain can't be successful. Sure its not at the top-level but I think as long as the content is good and relevant it shouldn't make any difference.

But I do believe if your domain was targeted at a single niche such as for example mesothelioma.com and you decided to target another niche such as tech with tech.mesothelioma.com then I wouldn't suggest using a sub-domain. In that respect I don't believe you would be seeing too many relevant ads related to Tech with a mesothelioma niche domain.

ramsport4x4, Feb 14, 2009 IP
  3. Olovarno

Olovarno Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmm, I tried it.

I have a domain called http://www.gigamundo.com . So, I wanted to create new blog, and I created clube-do-dinheiro.gigamundo.com .

In second week, one of my friend said me I should have created as new domain and, how I was thinking to do it, I decided to buy http://www.clube-do-dinheiro.com and move whole content.

That's interesting, because old subdomain was getting better earnings (of course, no one knew new domain). Now, new domain is almost better, I think, but I have my doubts too: if did I keep it as subdomain, I'd have identical earnings or my earnings would be smaller?

You can try it creating one domain and one subdomain in same niche but with different names, update them and find out by yourself. :)

Olovarno, Feb 14, 2009 IP
  4. kotaro

kotaro Peon

Best Answers:
    buy a new domain and keep it for long term :)

kotaro, Feb 14, 2009 IP
  5. GatorFan101

GatorFan101 Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no difference in rankings, traffic, stats, impressions, or anything else you can think of by using a sub-domain, or a regular domain. They rank the same, they get traffic the same, they do everything the same. The only difference is its going to be xxx . xxx . com instead of www . xxx . com

GatorFan101, Feb 14, 2009 IP
  6. hello_welcome

hello_welcome Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you should to buy a new domain this is best way for continues using adsense

hello_welcome, Feb 15, 2009 IP
  7. muslim_united

muslim_united Banned

Best Answers:
    if you think to earn from adsense only, you can use subdomain.
    But, to use domain, you have an advantage to flip it when the time is coming.

muslim_united, Feb 15, 2009 IP
  8. tom11011

tom11011 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    shouldn't make a difference at all, people making a fortune on blogspot.com.

If anything, you should get indexed quick and benefit from the age of the domain.

tom11011, Feb 15, 2009 IP
  9. config_error

config_error Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yeah i agree:D..it also depends on your content and how you promote your website...

config_error, Feb 15, 2009 IP