1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

domaincollection

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Dji-man, Dec 22, 2004.

Does anyone have ever bought a domain from domaincollection-dot-com ?

My cousin and I want to register a domain owned but unused by domaincollection-dot-com . They quoted him 149$ for 2 years, 2 months later they quote me 1900$ !!!
    SEMrush

Dji-man, Dec 22, 2004 IP
    SEMrush
  2. stephaneggy

stephaneggy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wow thats very odd

stephaneggy, Dec 22, 2004 IP
  3. symetrix

symetrix Peon

Best Answers:
    The more quotes you request the higher the price goes. It shows them that more than one person is interested in the domain.

You should have just taken the first quote and not requested the second. Maybe email them (include both quotes) and ask if they will honor the first.

symetrix, Dec 22, 2004 IP
  4. dustin

dustin Peon

Best Answers:
    Man, I detest companies like that. I suggest you find a domain that is free that you can purchase for yourself. Especially if they will only rent you the domain year-by-year at their price. What's to stop them from jacking it up later?

dustin, Dec 23, 2004 IP
  5. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    This is the unfortunate consequence of domains always being so cheap. It would be a different story if all domains were $100 a year or more. If you take some of the country domains for instance, it costs around €85 for a .ie domain and because of this there are still tons of good domains available (not to mention the paperwork, etc you need to submit)

Anyone who has recently tried to acquire a new .com, it is an all day process to come up with a domain that
    1.) Has no more than one dash
    2.) Is less than 10 characters
    3.) Is easy to remember or catchy
    4.) Not resort to really bad mispellings

I think that the minimum price of a domain should be increased ten fold (at least) and the market will be flooded with available domains that brokers are holding.

.net et all can remain cheap for hobbyists or those where a "brand" is not essential

yfs1, Dec 23, 2004 IP
  6. real

real Peon

Best Answers:
    I bought some .biz .info from them. They paid me with domains, what they owed to me.
    It was nice deal.

real, Jan 6, 2005 IP
  7. truelysam

truelysam Peon

Best Answers:
    No surprise if you get a higher quote price after 2 years
    domaincollection-dot-com spent money to keep the domain for these 2 years ;)

truelysam, Jan 8, 2005 IP
  8. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    it was only 2 months later that he got the higher quote. the original quote was for a 2 year period of time.

wendydettmer, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  9. coolmail

coolmail Peon

Best Answers:
    following domains are for sale

tekhnology.com
    comsys.in
    coolmail.in
    netzone.in

coolmail, Mar 13, 2005 IP
  10. Sandwalker

Sandwalker Peon

Best Answers:
    Ahh the good old days... I remember paying $100. per domain back in '96. You're right, bringing down the price has made it easy for anyone to get into the business. Unfortunately the majority are just wasting time holding domains that will never sell or be used. I think I heard a figure somewhere that it's about 80% not being used..?

Other domains such as .ie aren't being grabbed up because there's no resale value. Most of the domain buyers I know only want .com, and either one word or a common phrase at that.

Sandwalker, Mar 13, 2005 IP