1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain with 1,000,000 OVT - with a catch

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by ados67, Oct 17, 2005.

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a domain name I found, and need some assistance.

The "problem" with the domain is - the keyword phrase that makes up the domain is reversed in the name. So for example, if 1,000,000 people are looking for "download music" (not saying that's the domain of course), then the domain is "musicdownload.org"

This domain is related to a consumable, digital product. I'm not asking to find out how much it's worth (although estimates would be appreciated), but more to find out if the reversed order of the 2 keywords making the complete keyword phrase which is searched over 1,000,000+ times according to overture, makes this domain worthless, a little worse than the same domain with the correct order, or just as worthy of the same domain with ethe correct order (in our case - as an example - downloadmusic.org)?

Thoughts would be very appreciated, as I'm looking to buy it and would like to know what the implications would be on the SEO potential of the domain.

Thanks! :)

ados67, Oct 17, 2005 IP
  2. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    nice signature... -my 2 cents

Shoemoney, Oct 17, 2005 IP
  3. INV

INV Peon

Best Answers:
    What you are talking about is a 'keyword' that has a 1Million overture. A domain with OVT of 1Million would include the extention.

Example of OVT: MusicDownloads .com

The reason overture domains with extension have some value is because the domain is acctually getting searched for rather then just the keyword. Which can also lead to potencial type-in traffic.

If you are looking to register a domain with a keyword with huge overture without extension and it's a dot org it really kills the value as there is a slim chance of type-ins because its not the most popular extension when going for just type-ins.

Dont get me wrong, if it's a great keyword and you get a .org extension thats good. Hell, I wouldn't mind having Ipod.org in my portfolio because Ipod is such a huge craze right now.

Another point, is that if you just found this keyword with 1 million overture and its in digital technology and you see .org available it just hints to that its not that great. Since it takes overture to update 1 month, and if it was a goldmine or a huge craze it would be snached.

For the value of the domain, you really can't judge a domain without knowing it acctually. A domain is worth as much as the market is willing to pay for it.

INV, Oct 17, 2005 IP
  4. sufyaaan

sufyaaan Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't think it makes any BIG difference. Overture itself shows inaccurate / incorrect word order... :D

sufyaaan, Oct 17, 2005 IP
  5. INV

INV Peon

Best Answers:
    It is a good estimate factor acctually. Sure its not pixel perfect results but they are the best we have. You can make up the word order in almost any case if you acctually cared.

INV, Oct 18, 2005 IP