1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain to Country Glitch? or ME :-(

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by Old Welsh Guy, Aug 20, 2004.

Hi Shawn,

I am not sure if this is of any relevance or not, but it has spun me out a little (Don't take much)

When I search for http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/website-country/?ip=www.umbrella-consultancy.co.uk

I get United Kingdom

when I add a trailing slash to the domain name ie www. sitename.co.uk/ I get told the site is in the United States (Murca)

What is the significance of this? if any? is it that without the trailing slash it resolves to physical server location and with it, it resolves to IP block owner or something? Any help given appreciated.

Old Welsh Guy, Aug 20, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Not really sure why, but with the slash would definitely be wrong, since IP addresses don't have slashes in it. It looks like anything that is not a valid IP returns the US... http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/website-country/?ip=shawn's%20location for example.

digitalpoint, Aug 20, 2004 IP
  3. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Where exactly are you doing this search? Or what tool of Shawn's are you using.

I ask because I just checked the domains I track in the Keyword Tracker and half of them have a trailing "/" and half of them do not.

compar, Aug 20, 2004 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods: