1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

domain / subdomain and optimising?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by steve_gts, Jan 6, 2006.

Hi all,

I got a blue host account around 2 months ago because it said you could host 5 domains from the one account. I hosted the first site there a while back (call it abc.com)

I have just tried to host the second one (def.com), when I type in the url def.com the site is there, however when setting it up it said the new site is a subdomain of the first.

So does this mean that:

a/ The PR for the main domain will automatically pass to the sub domain site too?
    b/ If not, Can I submit it to directories? as many of them say "no subdomains"

What are the pro's and cons of having it set up this way as oposed to just getting another host for the new site?

Thanks

steve_gts, Jan 6, 2006 IP
  2. carowan

carowan Peon

Best Answers:
    deleted. dup post

carowan, Jan 6, 2006 IP
  3. carowan

carowan Peon

Best Answers:
    hi. Same thing happened to me last month.
    I registered a domain (newsite.com) under my current account (mydomain.com), and created a subdomain (newsite.mydomain.com) thinking any page at the new site would resolve correctly.

The index of the newsite resolved correctly to newsite.com, but all interior pages resolved to newsite.mydomain.com/interiorpage rather than newsite/interiorpage. so I would up setting up a new hosting account.

Hope this makes sense.

Anyway, Im thinking that all the PR would wind up being forwarded to you host account, and not your new site.

carowan, Jan 6, 2006 IP