1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain Registration Reseller

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by nevetS, Dec 28, 2004.

I'm going to be doing some hosting. Mostly subdomains, but I'm sure there are a few end users who will want their own .com. My registrar has informed me that they don't have an API, and they are considering my request to do things via perl/php using their site as a back end.
    SEMrush
    Do you know of any registrar resellers who have APIs that would allow me to have users search for and register domains through my site? I don't want to go through the trouble of getting certified by ICANN.

nevetS, Dec 28, 2004 IP
    SEMrush
  2. flawebworks

flawebworks Tech Services

Best Answers:
    Tucows.com is probably your best bet.

flawebworks, Dec 28, 2004 IP
  3. Cardplayer

Cardplayer Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to be competative in pricing, eNom may be the best bet. You could get a $6.95 reseller account for between $150 and $200 and build your own custom interface using their excellent API. NameCheap.com and RegisterFly.com are two very large eNom resellers that have built custom API front ends, and dramsystem.com has a pre-built one that is not too bad for the price.

Tucows I would not recommend. They are on the higher end of pricing and offer no add-on features like forwarding or DNS, and their API is somewhat clumsy and difficult to work with. Your wholesale price would be $10 for .coms with OpenSRS.

WWD also offers API now, though I haven't used it yet. http://www.wildwestdomains.com/

Cardplayer, Dec 28, 2004 IP
  4. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I found eNom through google groups and sent them an e-mail. WildWestDomains is down for maintenance right now which is a little scary to me as a potential customer. It is 11:30 at night on the west coast though, so now is as good a time as any to do maintenance.

I was worried that Tucows would be my only choice and they seem to be a little light on the customer service side of the street from what I've been reading.

nevetS, Dec 28, 2004 IP
  5. flawebworks

flawebworks Tech Services

Best Answers:
    Tucows does offer forwarding; and dns. I've used them for years. It probably depends on what the reseller offers; but I can forward a domain; I can park the domain; I can forward email; I can setup mailservers too. I've got my own zone file editor to do with as I like. Don't use it because I handle my own dns; but I've forwarded many a domain to livejournal.com and elsewhere thru them.

True; the control panel is a tad clunky; I preferred the older one to the newer one but it's not the worse thing I've ever seen. And the price is a bit higher; but their support is worth it.

flawebworks, Dec 28, 2004 IP