1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain Registrar

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by pinayus27, Aug 18, 2014.

I'm not sure if someone already asked this before, but where do you guys register your domains? Can you recommend a good domain registrars that still offer renewal codes or doesn't cost an arm and leg to renew domains? I've been with Godaddy for many years but I am planning to transfer my domains to another registrars since Godaddy doesn't offer renewal codes anymore. Any tips or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

pinayus27, Aug 18, 2014 IP
  2. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As far as I know, and I could be wrong, but Godaddy hasn't done away with their renewal coupons. I've gotten some through email in the past few weeks. However, these "special promotions" after buying some X quantity or $ amount of domains, and are not transferable to other users. I've seen a lot of people saying that godaddy is doing away w/ their domain discount promotions and what not, but it doesn't appear to be the case, at least just yet.

It's going to depend on how many domains you actually have. If you've had an all around good experience with godaddy and don't own 100's or 1000's of domains, I don't see transferring your domains to another registrar as something very cost saving. Frankly, paying the cost of transfers could negate any savings you are likely to have short term.

Godaddy does offer a domain discount program which runs around $90 a year, but their are coupons floating around that offer a discount even on that. Quickly googled and came up w/ CJC28off1 for ~$65 a year. Not sure if that one will work, but I'm sure their are others that will.

You'll need to do a bit more research on this, because I don't use this service, but the pricing will be around $8.19 for registering and I believe renewals, but I'm not sure. Here's the pricing link.

So, you'll need to do the math based on the number of domains you own, what extensions, etc,. if this is a viable option.

The only other registrars I use for .coms are namecheap.com ($10.69/year for renewals), and name.com ($10.99/year for renewals). So before you transfer them, it may just be better to stick with them. It doesn't seem like anyone likes godaddy anymore, but their still my first choice. I've never had much of an issue w/ them. We'll see..

Hope that helped.

sweetpea69, Aug 18, 2014 IP
  3. nikipink

nikipink Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i like namecheap.com it is very cheap

nikipink, Aug 18, 2014 IP
  4. S Ahmad

S Ahmad Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I will recommend namesilo . I have 9 domains with them. Free whois for lifetime and straight forward pricing policy. If you are with them, you do not need a coupon. :) You can still get $1 off by using "ONEDOLLARLESS" during checkout.

S Ahmad, Aug 19, 2014 IP
  5. toniya

toniya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ResellerClub is the best over all as far as service, security and reliability is concerned.
    I have tested all registrars and none are good except ResellerClub.
    Good luck

toniya, Aug 20, 2014 IP
  6. maddenitrous

maddenitrous Member

Best Answers:
    I recommend Namecheap and also Joker.com. They are friendly, Also namecheap offers discounts every month.

maddenitrous, Aug 21, 2014 IP
  7. Manoj_Online

Manoj_Online Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes, I am facing the same issue with godaddy. so I have to pay good amount to renew domains. I have at least 5 domains already there.

Manoj_Online, Aug 21, 2014 IP
  8. pinayus27

pinayus27 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the replies. I will check those registrars as soon as I can.

pinayus27, Oct 23, 2014 IP