1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain Redirect and SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ~Bored~, Jun 3, 2013.

Hi there,
    I have a domain that was created back in 2010 listed on yahoo directory and DMOZ, however it got hit with penguin, and someone sent the false DMCA which caused it to be removed (the homepage) from google index. So i was wondering, because I do have have .net and .org domains versions of it. If I redirect the entire .com site to .net what would happen SEO wise? Will I have to build links again or will the PR and all links pointing to .com will they pass PR to the .net version of the site if I do a redirect?

~Bored~, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  2. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If the original domain still has a penalty, this means any link juice that was lost because of this will NOT be passed through. Anything weight that remains unaffected (if the penalty wasn't a sitewide action, for example) will pass through, however.

Just make sure they're related, too.

WebDev Solutions, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  3. passcrk2005

passcrk2005 Member

Best Answers:
    you will lose the seo for the .com domain, your .net must have a link building done..

passcrk2005, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  4. adbash

adbash Active Member

Best Answers:
    It seems to me that in such cases we are at the mercy of Google.

adbash, Jun 6, 2013 IP