1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain Name Value

Discussion in 'Sites' started by iShopHQ, Aug 3, 2005.

I've got NutriBody.com set up as a resource for health and fitness, but I just don't have the time to develop it, so I'm thinking about selling it.

I've run it through a few free appraisal thingies out there and have gotten everything from $4K to 60$.

Anyone got an opinion on what I think I vould get for it? I'm thinking about listing it on AfterNic.com.
    SEMrush
    Thanks,

iShopHQ, Aug 3, 2005 IP
    SEMrush
  2. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I've found those free appraisal tools to be completely worthless. I have domains that have been appraised at $10,000 that probably are worth $100 max undeveloped.

NutiBody appears to be an abandoned trademark, and according to overture isn't a term that people search for, however the name sounds cool to me.

I have a friend who had a domain name he registered about 7 years ago and he's had it listed for sale during this entire time. I personally wouldn't have paid $50 for it - and I also think it had potential trademark infringement problems (a major retailer trademarked the name years ago but hadn't used it in a long time).

In seven years he never got a single offer or inquiry until about two months ago when someone contacted him and offered him $250 for it. He just finalized the deal for $5,000. So if the right person wants the name....

mjewel, Aug 3, 2005 IP
  3. iShopHQ

iShopHQ Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The trademark is mine for the logo, not the name......

And I agree - a domain name is worth whatever you can get someone to pay for it. If I can find the right sucker-- err.... I mean buyer, who knows? Maybe I should email NutriSystem and ask if they want it for $25K....

iShopHQ, Aug 3, 2005 IP
  4. City2

City2 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    LOL I love people that get into domaining trying to earn a quick buck after reading a few articles

City2, Aug 3, 2005 IP
  5. iShopHQ

iShopHQ Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I like hearing about those people too City2.....

I've had NutriBody for 5 years. I currently run (and host myself) 40+ sites. I make a buck and then some from all my sites, but I can tell you it certainly wasn't quick!

iShopHQ, Aug 4, 2005 IP