1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain Name Trademark Inquiry

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Charlie Miller, May 12, 2016.

Hi guys,

As you will probably be able to tell from the naivety of this question but i am new to running my own blogs, i have however built websites for a number of years.

Is it ever ok to use a trademark, such as 'UFC' in a domain name?
    Will a blog called for example UFCnews.com or something similar attract legal issues or would it tend to be acceptable?

Are instances such as this technically wrong but generally accepted?

Any shedding of light or imparting of experience would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Charlie

Charlie Miller, May 12, 2016 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Some brands will be happy for you to do that as you are promoting them, others will defend their name vigorously. You need to research the company in question.

If your use of the acronym UFC was completely different anyone else's then they wouldn't be able to take an objection very far (doesn't mean you won't need legal help and have to pay fees) eg UFC = Ultimate Fighting Championship <> Ulster Fibreglass Canoes

On the other hand I imagine the lawyers have been kept busy over things like this

upload_2016-5-13_7-58-44.png

sarahk, May 12, 2016 IP