1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain Name suggestion

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by neroux, Jul 1, 2012.

Hi,

I am about to launch a site for service and website monitoring (similar to pingdom, siteuptime etc.) but am still looking for a good name.

If someone has some suggestion for an available name I'd really appreciate it and be more than happy to reward a good find with $5 via Paypal :).

Thanks.

neroux, Jul 1, 2012 IP
  2. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    just put all related keywords (i.e ping, site, uptime, monitor, test, check, etc) into your domain availability checking software and see what kind of 2-word combinations can it find amongst available domains

atxsurf, Jul 1, 2012 IP
  3. neroux

neroux Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, though I am not necessarily only looking for such obvious terms but would also go for something more creative ....

neroux, Jul 1, 2012 IP
  4. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a wonderful news for you: the most obvious (and boring) domain names like ping.com, monitor.com, pingcheck.com have been likely taken long time ago, so you will have to be creative to get some other domain name that is
    1) relevant (from seo and user perspective) - wonderfulthing.com will be not that relevant for your monitoring service
    2) short and memorable - websitemonitoringservice56.com is not
    3) available

using software to rhyme and check the domain availability is the most efficient way to come up with a list of candidates as opposed to manually check and hope that no one have to come up with that domain name yet

atxsurf, Jul 1, 2012 IP
  5. xrvel

xrvel Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You also can use NameTumbler.com.. They have lot of keyword combinations. Good luck :)

xrvel, Jul 2, 2012 IP