1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain name masking/forwarding - advice please.

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by sparkimarki, Oct 15, 2005.

Domain name masking/forwarding - advice please.

Hi

I have a website hosted with godaddy. I bought another domain name and want to create a seperate folder with godaddy for this different website and point the new domain there. I selected the web forwarding in the godaddy control panel and chose masking as I want the new domain name to appear in the address bar when someone reaches that site. The sites are not linked, I just don't want to pay for more webspace when I already have some with godaddy. I entered the correct meta information into the godaddy control panel under masking and the forwarding worked ok, but search engines only seem to be able to see the header - the masking info - and cannot see the page content. The page cache in msn, google and yahoo shows an empty page. It is like masking acts as a frame.

Can anyone help me with this? All I want is to be able to upload the new website into a folder of my existing webspace , to point the new domain name to that space and that domain name shows in address bar of browser and search engines correctly index the page(s).

Thanks for any help you can offer.

sparkimarki, Oct 15, 2005 IP
  2. vagrant

vagrant Peon

Best Answers:
    I thought the only was masking can work IS to use frames so if i am correct you will only get the frames page in search

vagrant, Oct 15, 2005 IP
  3. sparkimarki

sparkimarki Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply. Can you please tell me, if I have sitea.com and siteb.com and I point siteb to sitea.com/siteb/ how will that index in a search engine. Will the domain siteb.com index independently of sitea and have no detrimental effect?

Thanks again.

sparkimarki, Oct 15, 2005 IP
  4. christinethurston

christinethurston Peon

Best Answers:
    I have the same question.

Is there anyone out there that knows the answer?

christinethurston, Oct 31, 2005 IP