1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain name help

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by nishant_raheja, Jun 11, 2012.

hey

i want to purchase a domain named eg.. xxxx.com but i saw its a premium domain and owned by someone, but when i try to open the site, there is no site built on it
    moreover, the site has no alexa nor pr, its just a site owned by someone from 2001, to have that site, i think i have to pay more than 5000$ so will there be any issue if i purchase xxxxs.com and run that site
    if my site gets famous, will he able to do anything to me?

nishant_raheja, Jun 11, 2012 IP
  2. 3dPrinting

3dPrinting Peon

Best Answers:
    You're in India so why do you need the .com?. You should reg. the .IN and take it with a smile. India is changing from .com to .IN

3dPrinting, Jun 11, 2012 IP
  3. Shrav109

Shrav109 Peon

Best Answers:
    You could even opt for .ORG.. It's catching up soon, plus I doubt anyone would want to own that domain right now.

Shrav109, Jun 12, 2012 IP
  4. ImageAuthors

ImageAuthors Member

Best Answers:
    If your audience is entirely in India and there is no plan to expand outside India, then go with .in. But if you want a worldwide audience, then I recommend .com. Depending on the desired name, .org or .net might work or they may be less than ideal.

Many domain investors acquire domain names and wait for a buyer to come along -- just as people buy vacant land and wait for a developer to purchase it. So there should be no surprise to see no website on the first domain.

If you PM me, I can describe some additional options and analyze your case in more detail. Domains are what I do for a living.

ImageAuthors, Jun 22, 2012 IP
  5. itcomgroup

itcomgroup Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello, I have similar problem like nishant_raheja's. What's the best domain name to use for a payment processing website?

itcomgroup, Jun 22, 2012 IP
  6. drjigg

drjigg Active Member

Best Answers:
    I read and got information about Domain. If you have old domain then you have not to sale it......

drjigg, Jun 22, 2012 IP
  7. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    if you mean xxxx.com is parked or a personal page website, I see not issue registering xxxxs.com
    however if xxxx.com is established business site I would stay away into developing seriously something based on the too similar name (e.g. adobes or microsofts .com)

atxsurf, Jun 23, 2012 IP