1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain name, few questions

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Googles76, Jan 5, 2005.

does Google count the domain name of a site when calculating SERPs? For example a site about fishes whos domain name is www.fishes.com would rank higher than a similar site whos domain name was www.aqualife.com (considering they are targeted at the same keywords) ?

And also I'm thinking of buying a real domain name for one of my sites and does the name www.weight-lifting-world.com too big of a name?

Thanks.

Googles76, Jan 5, 2005 IP
  2. arundirect

arundirect Banned

Best Answers:
    Don't think so. While, the keywords you type in google search also tries to match the domain name.

Arun
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    High Paying AdSense Keywords - For a huge Discount of 40% this New year. Valid till 20th January 2005

arundirect, Jan 5, 2005 IP
  3. DomainLoot

DomainLoot Guest

Best Answers:
    I feel that a good "keyword domain" can "help" with SERPs, but a lot of people will
    disagree with that.

I have NO PROOF either way - others might?

RE: Your "long" domain... I'm not a fan of hyphens, but once again, others will point
    out that for SEO, they can be tough-to-beat. I guess those same folks ALSO believe
    that good keyword domains matter or they wouldn't care about having their keywords
    separated by hyphens in their domain. ;)

DomainLoot, Jan 5, 2005 IP
  4. mortgage-pro-seo

mortgage-pro-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    I think a keyword in the domain can be a nice addition to your SEO arsenal. It won’t help you tremendously but every little bit helps. When you search in Google, if the keyword is in the URL or domain name Google does make that word bold on the SERPS. So I think there is a good chance it will help with you KW density.

mortgage-pro-seo, Jan 5, 2005 IP
  5. my3cents

my3cents Peon

Best Answers:
    Google may not use it so much, but I think other engines do (ie - MSN and Yahoo).

my3cents, Jan 7, 2005 IP
  6. xzero

xzero Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a long domain name with a highly competitive phrase in the domain name(4 keywords).

I think it is not important for Google because the site has low positions.
    But it was #1 on Yahoo for a long time and now #3 on Yahoo.

The site does not have a lot of inbound links.

xzero, Jan 10, 2005 IP