1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain name - branding and google

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by cdx, Aug 3, 2004.

Hi...

It's my first massage on board- hello everyone...!

I am having hard time choosing a right domainname in a very competitive business in google and I thought it might be nice to hear few opinions about it.

I am building a website for renting paris apartments and currently, I am using rent-paris-apartments.com . I am not sure about this one because I dont know if it's easy to remember and if it will be easy to get inside the search engine...

Any suggestions about other domain names ( have to be easy to remember + contain one or more keywords for earch engine)

Thanks for any help....
    Cdx.

cdx, Aug 3, 2004 IP
  2. Dominic

Dominic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome cdx,

I like your domain name as is and wouldn't worry so much just yet.

You have to get them to your site for them to remember being there so keep trying to climb the serps.

Branding is very important - but maybe you should offer a freebie or something to get them to hand over their contact details (email), then you can remember them.

A freebie might be going in the draw to win tickets to something in paris...? Your budget (/ income from the site) would then determine how often it was drawn...?

Dominic, Aug 3, 2004 IP
  3. dr.sam

dr.sam Peon

Best Answers:
    The domain name looks gr8. May be u can also buy the sigular form (rent-paris-apartment.com) too. Since most of the people will be trying to rent one apartment.

dr.sam, Aug 3, 2004 IP
  4. cdx

cdx Peon

Best Answers:
    mmm...

The problem with this business that it's overcrowded. Almost all the good domains are already taken (and the bad ones also...)

What do you say about RentingParis.com or RentingInParis.com ?

cdx, Aug 11, 2004 IP
  5. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    if you're relying on mostly search engine traffic and not returning visitors, there's absolutely nothing wrong with going with a non-.com domain

and again, if SE traffic is going to be more important than returning visitors, I'd go with dashes seperating your keywords

disgust, Aug 11, 2004 IP
  6. seadragon

seadragon Peon

Best Answers:
    For SEO, does it make a difference if the keywords in your domain run together or are seperated by hyphens? For example, what would be a more SEO beneficial domain: lintforsale.com or lint-for-sale.com?

seadragon, Aug 25, 2004 IP
  7. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    don't worry about hyphens

One of my friends runs free-windows-games.com. Appreantly the long name hasn't hurt his sales or pagerank :D

david_sakh, Sep 8, 2004 IP
  8. sixcorp

sixcorp Guest

Best Answers:
    Well said - your question really depends on how you're driving traffic.

sixcorp, Sep 14, 2004 IP
  9. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It is repeat customers you may lose to the person with the .com or word of mouth customers will always do the .com unless it really has a ring to the name.

debunked, Sep 14, 2004 IP