1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain/Hosting Email Problems

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by Marko89, Jan 15, 2014.

Hi folks,

I got my domain from namecheap.com with a open exchange email account and have hosting with hostgator.

The domain is pointed to hostgator successfully, however after I did this my auto responder has stopped working correctly. Basically I have an opt in form for collecting emails, and since I pointed the domain toward hostgator i no longer receive the email addresses of those who opted in, in my open exchange account.

Can anyone advise???

Cheers

Marko89, Jan 15, 2014 IP
  2. threehundred

threehundred Member

Best Answers:
    Have you set up the email accounts at hostgator? Were you using an email forwarder? Did you set this if you had one?

threehundred, Jan 15, 2014 IP
  3. HalfDedi

HalfDedi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you should change the MX record of your domain (on your DNS record) to point to the mail server of namecheap to keep using their mail server. you'll also need to create a subdomain, usually in the format of mail.yourdomain.com so you can access the webmail/mail server of namecheap

HalfDedi, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  4. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Check what Name servers are being used by your domain. If you are using Name servers provided by Hostgator, you will have to ask them to update the MX record and point them to your Exchange server. From cPanel you cannot update the MX record yourself.

MilesWeb, Feb 4, 2014 IP