1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain from Bigrock want to host at Godaddy! Help please

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by atulsachan147, Jun 26, 2013.

Hello everybody, I am here to get help from you guys.

I have a domain which I was purchased from the Bigrock.in and also I already have hosting of Godaddy. So, my question is clear I want to host my Birrock.in domain at godday's hosting.

Please help me asap with simple, easy and helpful answer because I already done a research over Google but all of the answer were irrelevant and unhelpful.

Thanks!

atulsachan147, Jun 26, 2013 IP
  2. rojishroy

rojishroy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. First you need to point your domain name to your hosting account using name servers. For that you have to find the hosting account's name servers (in this case GoDaddy).

Follow the steps in this tutorial for finding name servers of your GoDaddy hosting - http://support.godaddy.com/help/article/6795/finding-your-hosting-accounts-nameservers

2. Now you will have to add this name servers to the DNS settings of your BigRock account. Follow the steps in this tutorial for that - http://manage.bigrock.in/kb/servlet/KBServlet/faq455.html

3. Now wait for some hours for a process called as DNS Propagation to complete Worldwide.

If you find it too difficult to change the name servers in BigRock account you can also ask their customer support for help. Just give them the name server values you got from the step 1.

rojishroy, Jun 26, 2013 IP
    Markwebuk likes this.
  3. atulsachan147

atulsachan147 Member

Best Answers:
    Hi rojishroy, Thanks for this great help but I already tried it yesterday. I think I need to call the customer support for the help.

atulsachan147, Jun 26, 2013 IP
  4. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have you waited for the domain to propagate? It could take some time (24-72 hours) depending on your ISP.

WSWD, Jun 26, 2013 IP
  5. hosting_spec80

hosting_spec80 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As soon as you order a hosting account, follow the next steps:

1)Copy site files using FTP with the help of such programs as FileZilla, SmartFTP, etc. or use a standard hosting File manager. If you're using cPanel, you can get direct access to it in the File section. You can find it in the Sites and Domains section in Plesk if you're using a Windows based hosting.

2) If you don't have a site yet, create it by using CMS (Content Management System), Joomla, Wordpress or Drupal.

For installation, download CMS, copy it into the site folder (httpdocs or public_html) and run install.php in your browser.

Before installing Wordpress plugins, you will need to learn each plugin performance (goo.gl/Gv0Jf), to secure your blog, please follow the next instructions.

All modern hosting providers support almost all known CMS systems, therefore, you can always ask the tech support to help you with the installation.

3) Point your site to the hosting provider DNS from the site of your domain registrar. You can do it yourself if you have access to your domain control panel.

4) Wait until the DNS servers get propagated (the process may take from 2 to 72 hours depending on the domain area) and check your site online.

hosting_spec80, Jun 26, 2013 IP