1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

domain extension - which is better?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by kempos, Aug 4, 2015.

Hello,

I am looking for a domain name to link to apple product auctions on eBay.

the following are available:
    .co
    .co.uk
    .news
    .us
    .info

which do you think would be the best.

Thanks,

kempos, Aug 4, 2015 IP
  2. Domain Lead Finder

Domain Lead Finder Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    .info is the best or .co.uk if you are from the UK

Domain Lead Finder, Aug 5, 2015 IP
    sweetpea69 likes this.
  3. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It really depends on what's going to the left of the extension. But this is how I'd rank em..

.Co's are catching on. Short, 1 word, brandables. Not a bad bet, renewals are just a little steeper. But if you're going for a longer tail/brandable name, I'd choose an alternative cctld...

with that said, .co is a cctld, but used more from a branding perspective than the geo. So if your not after a great keyword domain, I'd choose the cctld where your business operates. Whether, UK or US, remember (aside from using a proxy), you need to be a resident of that country to register it.

Now, a cctld like .us or .co.uk (entitled to the .uk if registered) may be good for an ebay store, for buyers looking to purchase an item in the same country...

I forget if there was a time frame for the "grandfathering" of the extension. If you were a registrant of the corresponding .co.uk you were/are entitled to the .uk. Personally, I prefer the .uk over the .co.uk for the fact it's shorter, but I'd own both for the protection.

.Info...wouldn't completely throw it out, but the above choices are better. Hasn't caught on, and at this point, never will.

.News...if it's a long-tail name that's available in other major extensions, I'd go with the alternatives. With that said, aside from .news, there may be some better ntlds out there for you to pick...considering there's hundreds of them now.

All in all, mostly depends on the specific name to the left, then where you/business is located (if your dead-set on a restricted cctld), and personal preference thrown in. Sorry, may have made the selection process a bit trickier to understand lol.

sweetpea69, Aug 5, 2015 IP
    kempos likes this.
  4. HostHonor

HostHonor Member

Best Answers:
    From your list, I would go for .co unless your building a national/local website.

HostHonor, Aug 6, 2015 IP
  5. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, the best option for me would be .co, if and only if it is still available.
    .co.uk and .us are a bit certain for me, .info will do too but I don't think I like .news

Patricia Ann Lee, Aug 6, 2015 IP
  6. gene438

gene438 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would go with .co

gene438, Aug 11, 2015 IP
  7. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    .co or .info in my opinion.

Matthew Sayle, Aug 11, 2015 IP
  8. Zakirhossain

Zakirhossain Member

Best Answers:
    both is good but main is seo if boost your website .info will be show great result

Zakirhossain, Aug 22, 2015 IP