1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain Expired-- Check for Live Posts

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by jazzyjmnote, Apr 18, 2014.

I have a wordpress site, the domain of which is expired and now before registering the domain again I want to check if the Posts I made are live on the website? How to do this?

When I visit the website from cPanel IP of the site it shows some Search Term not found error and redirects to the Domain(Domain has Expired)...

I would like to know if its would be useful to renew domain by checking the status of the Wordpress installed on the cPanel hosting.

jazzyjmnote, Apr 18, 2014 IP
  2. themes4all

themes4all Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Normally you have to contact your Hosting service.. before they made the domain as expired, they generate a backup.. so contact the support team....

themes4all, Apr 18, 2014 IP
  3. jazzyjmnote

jazzyjmnote Banned

Best Answers:
    Require Feedback from some expert..... If someone can look into and understand the situation and come up with the resolution then it will be great.

jazzyjmnote, Apr 18, 2014 IP
  4. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on how your hosting is set up and what exactly has expired.

For example, I'm on a VPS, so my files and cPanel accounts are completely separate from my domains (though obviously linked). I can go into an expired domain's cPanel and use phpMyAdmin to look at the database (and FTP to look at the files), at least until I manually delete the domain's account from WHM.

If you're on shared hosting, everything depends on how your account works. If the provider lets you run multiple domains on the hosting and point the URLs to whatever subfolders you wish, there's a good chance you can still log in and check everything in the same way. But if your hosting expires at the same time as your domain, then they will probably have locked your account, so you can't check anything.

If that's the case, the best thing you can do is contact their support, with your (very clear) explanation above, and ask them if all your content is safe until you renew your hosting plan.

TIEro, Apr 19, 2014 IP