1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain expired 12 months ago, can I get it?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by tbarr60, May 27, 2005.

I have been watching a expired domain for over a year. It is not available even though it's expired. I look at the underlying records and it looks like NetSol has it for another 5 months. Can I get this domain before then? I assume they'd sell to me for some excessive backorder price? Can other registrars sell something that is expired but a registrar is squatting on?

tbarr60, May 27, 2005 IP
  2. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    I assume you've tried just registering it. This is not as daft as is seems.
    I've watched domains go redemption, awaiting deletion, and they've still shown up in whois when I registered them.

jlawrence, May 27, 2005 IP
  3. ziandra

ziandra Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There were lots of complaints about network solutions doing this a while back. Not sure if they still are. People were complaining that they could not register the domains with other registrars but were able with network solutions. Big stink about it as I recall. So, if you can't register it with your regular registrar, try network solutions. It may be expensive but if it works, you paid less than a backorder price and can transfer it after 30 days or so.

ziandra, May 27, 2005 IP
  4. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I will give it a try with my registrar. They are less expensive and answer the phone which I couldn't say about NetSol when I had to deal with them.

tbarr60, May 27, 2005 IP