1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain dropped, but nobody caught it

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Marksell, Jul 17, 2015.

I've been trying to get a domain called celebindex.com today. It was supposed to drop out today from the registry, but somehow it didn't.
    I'm a bit new to this, can someone help explain what happened here.
    I have checked the Icann registry, http://whois.icann.org/en/lookup?name=celebindex.com
    which states that domain not found.
    The domain's previous whois dates corresponds with it to be dropped today. Expireddomains.com also noted it to be today. Am i calculating dates wrong? Does this happen often, domain doesnt drop the day it was supposed to?
    Or is icann whois just messing with us and not updating.

Marksell, Jul 17, 2015 IP
  2. Benpick

Benpick Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It seems you are not the only one waiting for this domain to be dropped. If you look at the whois again this domain has just been registered 17th July 2015 by someone else.

Benpick, Jul 18, 2015 IP
  3. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yep, someone probably used a domain catch service to register it immediately when it came available.

Looks like you can try again in a year :)

Matthew Sayle, Jul 18, 2015 IP
  4. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    OP, not smart to share the URL publicly. I think the drop day varies on timezone. If someone is using a drop catching service, you have no hope. Be sure to look into drop catching services yourself for future names.

matt_62, Jul 20, 2015 IP