1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

domain.com and www.domain.com, Same backlinks?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Help Desk, Jun 23, 2004.

Is Google now showing the same backlinks from <some_site>.com and www.<some_site>.com? Before Google was seeing these as differing sites. Has this changed?

Help Desk, Jun 23, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Are you redirecting one to the other?

digitalpoint.com redirects to www.digitalpoint.com for example, and it's the same thing.

digitalpoint, Jun 23, 2004 IP
  3. Help Desk

Help Desk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have never made any special considerations to forward thinkbling.com to www.thinkbling.com as a request to one responds identically as the other. Previously doing a google search for "Link:thinkbling.com" would return different results than "Link:www.thinkbling.com". Now the results are identical which is fine by me as I don't have play with my .htaccess file.

Could it be that Google just decided that if it sees the 2 as the same content, then it treats the 2 as the same?

Help Desk, Jun 23, 2004 IP
  4. vinyl

vinyl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you should play with .htaccess.
    you have complete redirection code here, you should only change the url of your site -> search & dont be lazy, put that couple of apaches lines, they can only benefit you.

vinyl, Jun 23, 2004 IP
  5. WilliamC

WilliamC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sooner or later google will see the 2 as being the same, and alter their database to reflect this. How long that takes them tho is unknown. Most sites I have had for several years are seen as the same site with the same backlinks.

WilliamC, Jun 24, 2004 IP