1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain And Hosting

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Muslim Farooque, Mar 15, 2017.

Im new to Web development and all, and i wanted to clear some issues

i wanted to start a blog and monetize that by doing SEO related work, now i want to ask that
    if i have got 1 hosting and 1 domain can i use that hosting for multiple websites, like if i bought hosting from go daddy, can i use that one hosting for various other blogs amd websites? or one host for one domain?

and is it a disadvantage to have free hosting ? ive heard SEO is not possible then, is it true?

Muslim Farooque, Mar 15, 2017 IP
  2. Dynadot

Dynadot Active Member

Best Answers:
    Most web hosting plans can support multiple domains, but not all. This should be included in the details so you can find the answer before you buy. SEO is definitely possible with free hosting plans.

Dynadot, Mar 15, 2017 IP
  3. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The GoDaddy lowest shared hosting plan only allows one domain to be hosted. However, in the past it was possible to "park" a second or third or fourth (and more) domains to the main account then use mod_rewrite to rewrite the request for the second parked domain to a folder which would display the second website.

Free hosting sucks. Don't waste your time.

billzo, Mar 15, 2017 IP
  4. Carmen Mueler

Carmen Mueler Member

Best Answers:
    I used Namecheap for up to 9 domains on the same hosting plan which is approximately 80$ and slightly cheaper in the first year. Everything went fine until I started getting a lot of simultaneous connections to my website and it started crashing. Using a shared plan is not ideal if you want to do something professional. You can start with a shared plan and then migrate your files to a dedicated server. My website loads incredibly fast now and this is something very important for the viewers.

Carmen Mueler, Mar 16, 2017 IP
  5. daniel27lt

daniel27lt Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    In the past I used GoDaddy. And most servers are the same. What I would recommend in doing, buy hosting and then purchase your domains elsewhere. Then you can point as many domains to 1 host. For example, when I used to have a shared host, I used to have 15 domains pointing from another register all to 1 host, which was Godaddy.

I hope this has helped.

daniel27lt, Mar 30, 2017 IP
  6. arvind00557

arvind00557 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i am using bluehost hosting and i am running two domain currently on it...but hosting may differ for godaddy, hostgator etc.....first see all the features of hosting plan and then choose the correct one...!!!1

arvind00557, Apr 3, 2017 IP
  7. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The feature you are looking for is called addon domains. You will have to check with your webhost to see if under your current package, if you have them enabled or not.

I use cpanel, so this advice may differ depending on the exact control panel you are using.
    When you login to look at your account, using filemanager, you might have something like:

/ (this is your home, top level folder)
    /home/public_html (this is where your current website is stored).

When adding on a second domain name, you do not have to host the files under /home/public_html.

What I do is, when I add another domain, I add them under a folder called:
    /addon_domains

Then for each domain I add it will look like:
    /addon_domains/hereisadomain.com
    /addon_domains/andanotherdomain.com
    /addon_domains/runningoutofquickdomainnameideas.com

I do this to have a nice, clean, clear structure. You are welcome to try to add a domain, and remove it. It costs you nothing to try. I have attached a screenshot showing how to add another domain.

For the record, If your sites start making money, and gaining alot of traffic, you should consider to upgrade to a reseller account. It will make backups, and restorations easier, and reduce the likelyhood that one vulnerability on one of your sites, can affect your entire site network.

In the meantime, if you are using a script, such as wordpress, google how to harden your site. And keep a copy of a full cpanel backup of your sites at home.

EDIT:
    I skipped the part where you did not have hosting already.
    Free hosting is actually a good place to start to learn. There is zero risk, and you can start to make a website, make mistakes, who cares. Free is a great learning environment. For most part, I would not use free to LAUNCH a website... but it is a great place to start learning.

For paid hosts, I can make a recommendation, but you need to PM me for that.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    matt_62, Apr 4, 2017 IP
  8. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need to check these directly on Godaddy hosting, it depends on which plan you're going to buy. Almost hosting providers now allow multi domains on a single hosting account.

daica85, Apr 9, 2017 IP
  9. webhost.uk.net

webhost.uk.net Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    On shared hosting multiple domain hosting is possible using addon domain option.

webhost.uk.net, Jun 12, 2017 IP
  10. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I see that nowadays, almost hosting providers are offering unlimited addon domains. That means you can host unlimited website on them.

daica85, Jun 12, 2017 IP
  11. webhost.uk.net

webhost.uk.net Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    unlimited is something I will personally recommend to avoid, this are all overused server which do not offer performance.

webhost.uk.net, Jun 13, 2017 IP
    billzo likes this.
  12. chiquito

chiquito Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can host this days as many domains as you want. Shared hosting is enough for one blog or even for 20 blogs , it depends on the traffic and resources your websites need . I would recommend https://www.Temok.com , they have 24/7 live chat which i respect.

chiquito, Jun 16, 2017 IP
  13. Eliss

Eliss Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In most cases, you can use a plan to host multiple websites on it, but it depends on the specifications of the plan itself. Most probably, the cheapest one won’t be suitable for this purpose. If you are wondering which plan to choose, better talk to the support agent of a given hosting company (or companies, that are in your list to choose from) and discuss with them which of their plans will best suit your needs. Because this depends on many factors – for example, how many websites you want to host and how much traffic they get, how much storage you need and so on.

In terms of SEO, free hosting is not recommended, as the companies, which provide such services, put their names along with your unique domain name in the address, and of course, this is not a good option, especially if you intend to develop a serious business. Advertising is another problem of free hosting – companies that provide such hosting show their ads on the websites that are hosted with them. Most likely, you won’t have a technical support, too, and this can be quite unpleasant experience, especially when you want your problem to be solved more quickly.

In general, my recommendation is to stay away from such free services. If you intend to build a strong online presence, then it’s better to find a reliable host that will guarantee that your website will be up and running. And there are companies which prices are quite decent and a lot lower than those of the most popular brands.

Eliss, Jun 20, 2017 IP
  14. hiuufji

hiuufji Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you can start with blogger and later you can buy domain once blog popular.

hiuufji, Jun 22, 2017 IP