1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain Age Question

Discussion in 'Google' started by jasonb25, Dec 23, 2008.

1. cpamethods

cpamethods Banned

Best Answers:
    long term domain is helpful, because longer life domain can have better ranking in gogole

cpamethods, Jan 11, 2009 IP
  2. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think you mean 6 years?

Not in the case of parked domains.

bogart, Jan 11, 2009 IP
  3. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ive noticed that sites older than 5 years have special authority. Now it may just be because they have accumulated the most backlinks, but many of these top sites aren't totally optimized for the keyword via their site or backlinks. I think for best results you have to expect to wait 5 years for the best results possible to compete for the top or at least bust your butt for a couple of years to make up for the disadvantage. You don't need a 5 year old site to rank in the top 10 but it certainly is an advantage.

domainer_10, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  4. mg_

mg_ Peon

Best Answers:
    till now I always bought domains for 1 year and this is not right thing to do! Easier sandbox and lower ranking for sure, from now on I will buy for 2 years

mg_, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  5. jj1

jj1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think this depends on how competitive your search term is - I optimised our own site for "website design bury st edmunds" when we moved town, but every seo improvement I made Google gave us a serps boost for a couple of hours and then knocked us back to no 9 for this term. This went on for 4-5 months and then, suddenly, with no further seo changes we suddenly started climbing the serps and are now no 2. I also saw another one of our sites get a boost up the serps at 1 year. I don't know whether we were sandboxed or just had a filter applied; I do know time was a factor.

jj1, Feb 2, 2009 IP