1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does YSM keep raising its bid amount or is this a stats issue?

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by XooX, Sep 20, 2010.

Hi all,

I'm not sure what's wrong here. Yesterday I had created a group of several ads on Yahoo and since I was starting, I bid quite conservatively. There were immediately some 46 impressions, but after that the stats did not show any update (as in the number of impressions didn't rise at all).

So, some ten hours back, I modified the bidding quite liberally. After just an hour or so, the stats updated to show some 2000 odd impressions and 7 clicks. But ever since the stats have been stuck at the same place.

When I check some of my long-tail keywords, I see that no ad shows up alongside the search results - this is even though I have bid on these keywords.

I am not sure if YSM keeps increasing the bid limit every now and then or is it that my Yahoo stats update only once every 12 hours or so?

XooX, Sep 20, 2010 IP
  2. manimaran

manimaran Peon

Best Answers:
    So I am not alone. I had the same experience with YSM. I have created two ads compaign there. I got decent amount of visitors but suddenly no impression or clicks.

I use one technique :))) , I have set the scheduler From date and To date to run my ads 24hrs a week. I used to change the scheduler date every week. I works for me.

YSM bid rate also bit expensive than adwords.

I really hate few things with YSM,
    Initial deposit
    Auto topup
    High bid rate (some time your ads will be not running if your bid rate is lower then the higher bid keywords you have selected)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
    manimaran, Sep 21, 2010 IP