1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does YSM have negative words

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by transburgh, Nov 1, 2006.

Does YSM have the Google equivalant to negative words? I looked on the Yahoo UI but could not find anything. I was not sure if they might call it something else either. Thanks.

transburgh, Nov 1, 2006 IP
  2. poojaatvs

poojaatvs Peon

Best Answers:
    In YSM Negative Keywords are called Excluded Keywords.....

poojaatvs, Nov 2, 2006 IP
  3. transburgh

transburgh Peon

Best Answers:
    I cant find anything on YSM on excluded keywords. How do you submit them? I cant wait for the new UI to come out.

transburgh, Nov 2, 2006 IP
  4. Dan

Dan Active Member

Best Answers:
    The excluded words have to be defined against each individual keyphrase unfortunately;

1. click 'Manage Sponsored Search' tab
    2. click 'Manage Listings' tab
    3. Select listings
    4. click 'Match Type Options' button
    If you've got a load to define, the easiest way by far is to download all your keywords from the 'Manage Categories' page, then paste them into the bulk submit spreadsheet template, add the excluded words for each keyphrase in the 'Excluded Words' column, then do a bulk submit. If you've got a gold or platinum account you'll be able to do this by clicking on the 'Bulk Upload' link on the 'Account Summary' page, but if you've just got a standard account, you'll need to request a manual upload from customer services.

Hope this helps!

Dan

Dan, Nov 3, 2006 IP