1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Yahoo use some form of sandboxing?

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by hmilesjr, Apr 12, 2005.

I have a new site (up since end of Feb) I have built a lot of links for and purchased some links from directories and such. Anyway it was performing good had reached page 3 for most key terms many of which are very competitive, but since then I am no where to be found unless you search for www.abc123.com. I am showing 18 indexed pages out of 230 pages which is down from 62 two weeks ago. My backlink counts have continued to raise through.

Should I be concerned? Could I have built links too fast?

hmilesjr, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  2. clickhandbags

clickhandbags Peon

Best Answers:
    I beleive in the sandboxing effect, I have over 50 sites. Don't panic...just wait until your out of the sandbox, (Three months in my experience, for top rankings.) :eek:

clickhandbags, Apr 13, 2005 IP
  3. inverse

inverse Banned

Best Answers:
    no only google use sandbox

inverse, Apr 13, 2005 IP
  4. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    I would expect to see your results improve during the next Yahoo update. It's my experience that there is some form of sandboxing but I believe it to be much less vigourous than that of Google.

mcfox, Apr 14, 2005 IP
  5. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    I believe it doesn't hold a candle to Googles and in fact has more to do with just how slow Yahoo can be in updating.

Remember that the "Sandbox" is just a collection of filters that produce a delay. The filters that make up what you may call the "Sandbox" for Google and Yahoo are very different and act very differently.

yfs1, Apr 14, 2005 IP
  6. msj484

msj484 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i strongly agree, i have experienced two complete different things when comparing yahoo to google as far as a sandbox is concerned.

msj484, Apr 14, 2005 IP
  7. Infiniterb

Infiniterb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm, I have to disagree on Yahoo being a bit slow as far as updating. I notice constant changes within Yahoo and my KWs. It usually takes a few days before my changes take place within the SERPS (Took maybe a week for a change to take place regarding a title change for a page). I'm constantly getting "slurped" too.

But, does Yahoo have a sandbox? It's hard to say. Right now though there's a major reindexing going on (it seems) and within the next week or so I have a feeling we'll see a lot of the sites that have come to the top get scraped away while Yahoo tightens up its serps.

Infiniterb, Apr 14, 2005 IP
  8. alias420

alias420 Guest

Best Answers:
    I've found Yahoo to be the slowest to index and rank pages. I also find their bot to come around the least. This is consistent on all my 40+ domains.

alias420, Apr 15, 2005 IP
  9. niceguy

niceguy Banned

Best Answers:
    I tend to agree .! It seems google always list first then a week later yahoo follows suite so to speak. When I launch a new website I like to kick start it
    with about 50 reciprical links before I ever submit it for the first time . It really seems to help with a quick listing.

niceguy, Apr 22, 2005 IP
  10. Web Gazelle

Web Gazelle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No sandbox for yahoo they are just tar slow.

Web Gazelle, Apr 22, 2005 IP
  11. City2

City2 Peon

Best Answers:
    They are really slow but no sand box. It seems that it just takes a bit and they rank new websites well too which is a good thing.

City2, Apr 22, 2005 IP
  12. scirceo

scirceo Peon

Best Answers:
    We've had brand new sites get listed highly in Yahoo very quickly. I agree, though, they crawl less often than Google, which has really stepped up their frequency.

scirceo, Apr 24, 2005 IP
  13. rubenmajor

rubenmajor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The RSS Feed seems to work very well for quick indexing. I did this and had one of my sites listed in abolut 12 hours.

rubenmajor, Apr 25, 2005 IP