1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Yahoo directory carry any SEO value?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by mxracer170, Dec 17, 2008.

1. valley200803

valley200803 Peon

Best Answers:
    it's definitely not worth for $300

valley200803, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  2. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Value is relative to the site submitted
    If for example you're pushing a shopping site and you have a boost in SERPs as a result of directory submissions that increases sales more than enough to cover the expense, it's easily cost effective. If you're promoting sales of a high dollar product (I've been watching one that sells saddles... prices running up into the thousands for a single unit) and the margin on the product is decent, a single sale might repay the initial investment, so every additional sale it nets you beyond that is gravy.

Alternatively, if your web strategy is built around a few hundred MFAs that are individually fairly low yield, spending $300 or per site might only be good if you wanted to build an insanity defense.

Long as the increase in revenues nets equal to or more than the cost, it is a justifiable expenditure.

Optimizing Ad/Promo Budget $$
    That said, their review price is steep compared to most... so the other question is would the optimum answer be submitting to 2 - 4 less costly directories with decent authority. Be interested in seeing the comparative boost available per dollar thru the 2 methods. I'd bet on the second strategy creating a higher yield, but I dont have a recent track record with Yahoo to quantify that.

OK, having definitively answered the question for all eternity and/or changes in Yahoo pricing... you may close the thread and shower me with greens.
    Thank you, thank you, tell your friends I'll be here all week.
    ;)

robjones, Dec 24, 2008 IP
    mikey1090 likes this.