1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

does yahoo crawl?

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by Solicitors Mortgages, Nov 8, 2004.

blimey, yahoo is still listing pages that disappeared 2 months ago, does it ever update its results pages?

or....
    does yahoo have a sandbox that is not discussed so widely?

Solicitors Mortgages, Nov 8, 2004 IP
  2. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo crawls but is a hell of a lot slower than Google or MSN. Yahoo!slurp or INktomi Slurp will get you in.

Old Welsh Guy, Nov 8, 2004 IP
  3. Fishing Forum

Fishing Forum Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ive had Yahooslurp for about three days so maybe its going to do something soon as the last time I saw so much it updated about two weeks later but then agian that probable just my site

Seems to come along every 6-8 weeks for me

Fishing Forum, Nov 8, 2004 IP
  4. clubbin714

clubbin714 Peon

Best Answers:
    My pages have not been updated for a few months either. I am hoping to get something soon.

clubbin714, Nov 8, 2004 IP
  5. dejaone

dejaone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo bot crawl as frequently as googlebot, but the updating takes forever.

dejaone, Nov 8, 2004 IP
  6. lowrider14044

lowrider14044 Raider

Best Answers:
    I see Yahoo slurp at least a couple times a day on my site and my index page cache gets updated quckly but they never seem to do a deep crawl. They've got pages cached that were removed or changed over a year ago. Plus they've only got about 1/3 of the site crawled. And that's after being on line over 6 years. :-(

lowrider14044, Nov 8, 2004 IP
  7. hurricane_sh

hurricane_sh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo slurp seems very active, but doesn't update the cache at all.

hurricane_sh, Nov 8, 2004 IP
  8. Solicitors Mortgages

Solicitors Mortgages Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thats exactly what i mean.....i hope it doesnt take 6 years :(

where's the CRYING emoticon?
    GEM

Solicitors Mortgages, Nov 8, 2004 IP
  9. lowrider14044

lowrider14044 Raider

Best Answers:
    I figure by the time Yahoo gets all my pages indexed I'll be on medicare or pushing up dasies. :) A lot disagree but I still think it has to do with their site match paid inclusion. Their making money from the $49 charge to sign up and on top of that they get either $0.15 or $0.30 per click to your website. It would seem natural that they would put sites that are paying per click at the top of the serps so they can generate more income. Why put a free listing that you will get noting from at the top? Even though Yahoo says sites participating in the site match program don't get preferential placement, I don't buy it. To me the bad part is that searchers can't tell from the search that what their seeing is actually paid inclusion sites. For competitive keywords God knows how many of the top sites are site match sites??? I've thought about signing up just for a short time to see where they would place me if I was paying $0.15 per click compared to where I'm at now. Which is no where. OK....rant mode off. :)

lowrider14044, Nov 8, 2004 IP
  10. reh3363

reh3363 Guest

Best Answers:
    Lowrider you have a good point there, that's one of the reasons I don't even worry about yahoo anymore. I still get a little bit of traffic from yahoo but not as much as google. But I'm definately not paying $49 just to get a little traffic from yahoo.

reh3363, Nov 8, 2004 IP
  11. smarties

smarties Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I agree with REH, Yahoo does not bring that much traffic.

But on my side, yahoo slurp crawled about 3000 pages in a month and I still haven't seen any changes in their index.

smarties, Nov 8, 2004 IP
  12. lowrider14044

lowrider14044 Raider

Best Answers:
    I get a little from Yahoo also. All from the directory. I'm #2 there and have been for over 6 years. Used to be #2 in their serps and got a lot of traffic from them also but not even in the top 300 since they started site match. I'd be willing to bet that if I paid the $49 and $0.15 per click I would be right back up there again but I'm not going to do it. To me their coming pretty close to blackmail.

lowrider14044, Nov 9, 2004 IP
  13. nadlay

nadlay Guest

Best Answers:
    Does Yahoo crawl?

Yes, it crawls my sites almost non-stop, but it never does anything with the data. I have seriously considered banning the Yahoo Slurp Bot, but you just never know, one day Yahoo might suddenly start outperforming Google, and, if I've banned their bot, I'd be out in the cold.

But, it's using a hell of a lot of my bandwidth, for no apparent results.

nadlay, Nov 9, 2004 IP