1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does WP super cache affects GA analytics?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by designer3:16, May 7, 2010.

Can someone explain this to me, does WP super cache affects GA analytics tracking? I have a blog site and it can show how many visitors are online in real time, I also have getclicky analytics and the report is correct while GA reports otherwise over 400% discrepancy.

I have a feeling that WP super cache is causing this please shed some light on this.

Thanks

designer3:16, May 7, 2010 IP
  2. rilwis

rilwis Peon

Best Answers:
    No. Any WP cache plugin, including WP Super Cache will cache the web page by creating its static (HTML) version and store them in disk or memory to decrease the server load by compile PHP code. So that, the javascript code always present in web page, and because it's client code, it always runs.

If your GA reports incorrectly, check your code again.

In my WP blog, I use GA and Histats with cache plugin, and they runs very well (the number of visitors, pageviews are similar).

rilwis, May 8, 2010 IP
  3. JohnnyHal

JohnnyHal Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm also having trouble with WP Super Cache and Google Analytics. I recently put up a couple of small sites & installed WP Super Cache. I installed tracking code for Analytics as normal, but the tracking status in GA always reports as "Tracking Not Installed". I can load my homepage, look at the source & see the tracking code, but GA doesn't pick it up.

The second I turn off WP Super Cache, GA sees the tracking code & everything is fine. Haven't tried any other type of tracking besides Google Analytics, or any other cache plugin but WP Super Cache. No one else is having this trouble?

JohnnyHal, May 28, 2010 IP
  4. extremephp

extremephp Peon

Best Answers:
    Wp Supercache only caches the Static details and all the dynamic datas. javascripts and all the things will be loaded again every time.

Please make sure you have kept the code in footer or header and not in any post pages or so.

Thanks.

extremephp, May 28, 2010 IP
  5. JohnnyHal

JohnnyHal Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, it's in the footer. Like I said, I can see the code in the source when I view it after loading the page, but GA was never able to see the tracking code. Turning off WP Super Cache solved that problem.

I litterally disabled the plugin in one tab & reloaded the page on GA & it was able to see the tracking code. What I ended up doing was disabling WP Super Cache and installing WP Cache & everything went through just fine. There's something about WP Super Cache that does effect Google Analytics, but I don't see what, as it functions the way it should & the code is present in the source. Go figure.

JohnnyHal, May 29, 2010 IP
  6. SupplementResearch

SupplementResearch Member

Best Answers:
    Google claims that GA is not affected by caching. I know that WP-stats doesn't catch everything with W3 Total Cache which is the plugin that I use.

SupplementResearch, May 29, 2010 IP
  7. tribulant

tribulant Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, it doesn't. The javascript executes on every hit.

tribulant, May 31, 2010 IP
  8. designer3:16

designer3:16 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you are correct when the time I created the thread I disabled my WP super cache and google tracks data normally and my alexa rank also spiked my rank went down from 800,000 in that range to 400,000. I'm glad I turned it off.

designer3:16, Jun 1, 2010 IP
  9. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    It sounds like it does affect Analytics. Personally I'd never use any caching program because they limit what your site can do in so many ways. There's an unreal number of plugins that will no longer work with Supercache - it's better to just spend more for better hosting than some crappy $7/mo plan.

Pixelrage, Jun 1, 2010 IP