1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Web Sitemap and Image sitemap treated as same

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by kar76, Jul 7, 2013.

I submit two sitemaps to Google one is web sitemap and other is Images sitemap
    bu the problem is i created them with two different software's, both sitemaps show url links but priority and changefreq are different in both sitemaps,
    I want to know that will it affect my ranking in search engine?
    Or both sitemaps are treated as different things as one is web and other is for images.
    I am worried because i am seeing in webmaster tools after submitting image sitemap that it show both web urls and images urls to index
    Help Please.

kar76, Jul 7, 2013 IP
  2. humtuma

humtuma Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have already do the experiment on this but i did not find any result. Acc. to me, priority are same.

humtuma, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  3. anmolmakkar5

anmolmakkar5 Member

Best Answers:
    It will be better for your search engine rankings if you use image sitemap. It will help search engines to do proper crawling of images. It boosted my blog's traffic from Google image search by 3 times.
    Don't worry because Webmaster will show links of your webpages and links of images on your root domain.

anmolmakkar5, Aug 16, 2013 IP
  4. sumitra.koul

sumitra.koul Member

Best Answers:
    Both are sitemaps are important for google

sumitra.koul, Aug 22, 2013 IP
  5. websitetools

websitetools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can't have image sitemaps without page URLs since image sitemaps still have to associate images to pages.

It is a fine idea to submit e.g. a general standard XML sitemap file + image sitemap file + video sitemap file (do not worry that the some pages may be listed in all 3 files)

websitetools, Sep 14, 2013 IP