1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

does this user/visitor generated post hurt or help my blog

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by jasonk1234, Mar 8, 2015.

wordpress blog that allows visitors to register and upload pics or videos that become a post.

I am making my own posts that will be the majority of the blog.

The average upload from a user is a picture and a paragraph. the content uploaded is related to my niche.

I make my posts with seo in mind and I dont see these user posts adding much value seo wise.
    my goal is to create a bit of a community for users to upload and share what they like.

are these user uploaded minimal posts hurting or helping my blog in terms of seo, and general visitor enjoyment.

jasonk1234, Mar 8, 2015 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Unless its full of links or entirely ridiculous - content wise that should be a good thing. Write for your visitors as well. Its never that good of an idea to keep SEO in mind when trying to engage folks.

hope that helps,
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Mar 8, 2015 IP
  3. jasonk1234

jasonk1234 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I moderate before its posted so if its got more than one or two links I would cut if off.
    My seo plugin says the post is not good seo wise. but isnt hurting my overall site as long as I pump out more posts with good seo?
    Yes you are right you dont want your post to look like an seo exercise but I think if you are serious about a site you should be able to have top notch everything (not saying I do). thanks for the input.

Anyone have experience with user generated content on one of their sites?

jasonk1234, Mar 8, 2015 IP