1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

does this break adsense TOS

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by letsmakeamillion, May 10, 2005.

lets say my site is about pizza. and there is adsense ads on it..

some of the ads on the adsense blocks are dominoes pizza.

but then lets say I contact dominoes and offer to display an self made ad for them across my entire site.

does this break adsense TOS?
    SEMrush

letsmakeamillion, May 10, 2005 IP
    SEMrush
  2. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    If its a static ad, then there is no problem.

If you are talking about asking them to pay for the existing one (The AdSense ad) then obviously thats wrong.

Can you explain what you are looking to do a little more?

yfs1, May 10, 2005 IP
  3. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Why don't you read the TOS for the answer?

T0PS3O, May 10, 2005 IP
  4. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    I think what he is saying is can he contact adwords advertisers directly cut out the middleman (Google). I dont see that as problem, it would be like seeing an ad on TV and deciding to contact the company to offer advertising space to them. I have'nt checked the TOS but it doesnt sound like an issue.
    However, Actually doing it is probably not worth the effort, unless your site is very busy. For them to monitor lots of seperate websites would probably be seen as an inconvience.

Design Agent, May 10, 2005 IP
  5. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Arnie, May 10, 2005 IP
  6. yfs1

Best Answers:
    By static I meant ads that do not change based on Content

Sorry for the confusion ;)

yfs1, May 10, 2005 IP
  7. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ...and I'm pretty sure that this is not against the TOS, but maybe someone else finds out differnt on this matter.

Arnie, May 10, 2005 IP
  8. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry, I haven't considered that, I mean your point of interpretation. But alltogether it is worthwhile to discuss this subject and perhaps something will come out.

Arnie, May 10, 2005 IP
  9. king_cobra

king_cobra Peon

Best Answers:
    Better u mail google abt this. They will help u there.

king_cobra, May 10, 2005 IP
  10. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you have logos or banners from a company without hyperlink then its a content issue. Google will serve you ads accordingly. But if you serve ads with hyperlinks than it might be against the toss, unless you can filter them out. As far as I remember Adsense has a tool for that.

Arnie, May 10, 2005 IP
  11. yfs1

Best Answers:
    What good are ads without links?

yfs1, May 10, 2005 IP
  12. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Example, When you watch a football match on TV or in the stadion you see lots of advertisements next to the football field, these are called impulse ads from well known companies. Everyone knows their products. Next time when you go shopping you'll buy (most likely) the products from brand name companies you have seen most or at least have a closer look at them. This functions out of our subconsciousness.
    This kind of ads are not really served online yet.

Arnie, May 10, 2005 IP
  13. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Except the impulse when online is to click. I think it would be a fairly small market and it would depend so much on amount of traffic that the small percentage of companies this would help, would be better off buying individual ads.

yfs1, May 10, 2005 IP
  14. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Most of the people still don't order online, especially grocery products. Brand Name companies are aware of this fact as well. Many people enjoy the atmosphare of going shopping for clothing, jewelry and so on...

By the way, "Brand Name" for me means, products being burned or beamed into our subconsciousness.

Another extreme under developement and its very nasty to me

The invention of the American Tueftlers Woody Norris accelerates the fantasy of weapon farmers and Technophobikern. Its Hypersonic sound system (HSS) was actually meant for the advertisement. With the help of this ultrasonic procedure noises are to penetrate over a distance of up to 140 meters purposefully into the head of a person - according to Norris ' company American Technology corporation - without quality and volume loss.

Camera to beverage dispenser can Jogger to their short trousers recognize and position and rate of motion to the The announce. That sends a deceptively genuine animation noise toward the runner: opening a Cola bottle for example and hissing when pouring out. The trick: The sound continues to hit accurately the goal target, 50 centimeters is nothing more to be noticed. Besides the sound arrives not in the ear, but unfolds its effect direct according to Norris in the head. From where the noise comes, the receiver cannot locate allegedly.

The source should be all the same for success, CD or DVD Player is suitable just as well as directly in the microphone fed signals. The HSS which is in weapon-quiet-large equipment modulates the low-frequency originalton on the two decametric waves, which like a jet can be aligned purposefully. The originalton embedded therein takes part in the changes of direction of the carrier waves. At the receiver so three acoustic waves arrive, whereby the high frequency remain inaudible.

Voices are to drive enemy into the insanity
    full text here
    http://www.google.com/translate?u=h...8,354671,00.html&langpair=de|en&hl=en&ie=UTF8

Arnie, May 10, 2005 IP
  15. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Now you are just plain getting weird

yfs1, May 10, 2005 IP
  16. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is a machine translation and an extreme - which I admit is weird (translation and content) but a fact.

I'm pointing out that advertisement is handled scientifically and that it is not about clicking - its about being widely seen and present. Wheresoever advertisement is present the basic rules stay the same. It's not the market that is small, but the number of advertisers for this kind of needs.

Arnie, May 10, 2005 IP
  17. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'll come back later, have to do something else now.

Arnie, May 10, 2005 IP
  18. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Your premise is most people don't buy things online - which I agree with - but in this particular case your sample is people who are already online. I would venture a bet the percentage of those that buy online is much bigger.

Most people don't buy boat covers but if you were in a boat shop, it would be a entirely different demographic

The part about projecting ads into peoples minds is a whole another thread

yfs1, May 10, 2005 IP
  19. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    I haven't had time to read this thread so this may not be relevant but have you noticed how many ads are in computer games.
    Companies like Coke Cola, Pepsi, Sony etc etc are paying big money to have their ads placed in those games.

Cyclops, May 10, 2005 IP
  20. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ...and haven't yet targeted the billions of sites available yet. This why I believe that they are coming soon, and of course that needs to be done through agents which have to take care of checking impressions and so on, its all about cutting the cake into smaller pieces in order that it will work for them.

Arnie, May 10, 2005 IP