1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does the placement of keywords in your meta tags matter in importance?

Discussion in 'Traffic Analysis' started by Misanthr, Mar 23, 2012.

I have been trying to increase traffic even more to my site seeing that it is slowly growing each month. I used the google keyword generator based on my niche and site and exported the most important keywords based on my site content and queries for my target audience. I ordered them by Most to Least searched. The outcome was that what I would consider the most important keywords for my site gets searched less than the ones above.

So, my question is when I edit my meta tag, does the placement of the keywords there matter? I know the content in the site has the most weight but should I organize them based on my site content with the most important key words first? or just throw up ones I think would help in any order.

Thanks

Misanthr, Mar 23, 2012 IP
  2. tiffanywilliams12i2

tiffanywilliams12i2 Peon

Best Answers:
    i think meta died off a long time ago

tiffanywilliams12i2, Apr 5, 2012 IP
  3. eddiej333

eddiej333 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I allways put some text into meta tags and descriptions, including my keywords, though I know they are not very important as they were, I think that they make the page more friendly and complete to some crawlers. Anyway, it takes some minutes of your time, then it could be preferable to get something into them than having nothing.

eddiej333, Apr 7, 2012 IP
  4. eddiej333

eddiej333 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I allways put some text into meta tags and descriptions, including my keywords, though I know they are not very important as they were, I think that they make the page more friendly and complete to some crawlers. Anyway, it takes some minutes of your time, then it could be preferable to get something into them than having nothing.

eddiej333, Apr 7, 2012 IP