1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

does the average internet user know the first spot on google search is often paid for

Discussion in 'Google' started by canam, Aug 8, 2008.

1. canam

canam Peon

Best Answers:
    uhhhh, how about the proof that it says "sponsored link" far to the right of it put there by google themselves???

canam, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  2. NovaNET

NovaNET Guest

Best Answers:
    Most people won't know that Adwords are paid ads. However, if they're relevant to the search itself, I really doubt most care

NovaNET, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  3. Alfredito

Alfredito Peon

Best Answers:
    The first spot in Google is NOT paid, unless you are talking about the sponsored ones.
    My site was number one for quite some time and i didnt pay anything, just good SEO.

Alfredito, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  4. canam

canam Peon

Best Answers:
    of course we are talking about the sponsored links, and the fact that they are on top and in the first spot that the average internet user is going to read first when they do a search

and they are not very well distinguished from the real search results, same typeface and color, and the little 'sponsored link' marker is far off to the right where people are not looking, as all the search information is to the left

even us 'experts' have to look closely to figure out for sure where the paid listings end and the real search results begin

canam, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  5. angilina

angilina Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Few years back, I didnt knew anything about advertisements in any site. I had no idea about adsense, the ads in sites, I knew nothing :)

And right now, all my family members also don't know anything about paid advertisements.

angilina, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  6. lightlysalted

lightlysalted Active Member

Best Answers:
    i agree with this, you cannot buy placements in the organic listings i think you are talking about sponsored listings

lightlysalted, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  7. jessa234

jessa234 Peon

Best Answers:

i usually see the paid listings in a box of a different color at the top, marked "sponsored links", so i think it's really easy to tell the paid listings from the real results.

jessa234, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  8. lzy

lzy Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL. Most people who are internet savvy will realize it's a sponsored ad.

lzy, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  9. Cruelio.com

Cruelio.com Peon

Best Answers:
    no definetly not

Cruelio.com, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  10. deleted

deleted Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't think so . . . they often focus on the things they want to know . . . If they see results similar to what they need. They would immediately go to it!

deleted, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  11. mcaronan

mcaronan Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep.. Some people doesn't know it is paid or not.. But that important thing is they are related to what you have type in the search box. So what the heck about having a discussion of it. The main purposed of it is to let people know for the certain keyword that they have entered there's a company or a persons who are advertising with the same keyword that they have entered. Meaning it is related to your query.

Haha... I wonder how much that company paid with 10x clicks.. Hehe.. FYI: For the sponsored links, they are the ones who paid google for every clicks with their ads. :D too bad...

mcaronan, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  12. ameran

ameran Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    only the webmasters know that.

ameran, Aug 10, 2008 IP