1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does somebody knows about a payment gateway that works with adult oriented merchandise?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by The_Hermit_1971, Feb 26, 2017.

I'll start selling physical adult DVDs, toys, and later maybe adult oriented renderings which count as digital downloads. I know that Paypal can handle the DVDs and toys but will not handle the digital downloads. Can somebody tell me about one that will work with DVDs, toys and digital downloads as well, doesn't break the bank and can integrate with open source shopping carts? Thanks in advance!

The_Hermit_1971, Feb 26, 2017 IP
  2. Teja Devaru

Teja Devaru Peon

Best Answers:
    what you are looking for is a Content Delivery Network (CDN) which can host your download files and help you to download the files. Some examples are Akamai, Amazon, Rackspace, Cloudflare etc.,

Teja Devaru, Feb 27, 2017 IP
  3. MaxGoodman

MaxGoodman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    So...I know it's kind of a sensitive topic, so you don't have to get into the specifics, but are you the copyright owner of the videos or are you just distributing other products? That might affect how you're allowed to distribute the videos themselves, so the answer will rely on that. If you're distributing other productions you can probably get downloadable versions or maybe even download codes from them depending on where they're hosted, but if you're making and distributing them yourself you'll need a CDN to host the videos, and then you'll need some way to distribute the content. I've always had good luck with Cloudflare as far as CDNs go but it's up to you and the needs of your business.

MaxGoodman, Mar 14, 2017 IP
  4. The_Hermit_1971

The_Hermit_1971 Member

Best Answers:
    I'll not be selling downloads, just adult DVDs, physical adult DVDs than can be watched in a DVD player. The studios are the content owners and hold the legal stuff.

The_Hermit_1971, Mar 14, 2017 IP
  5. MaxGoodman

MaxGoodman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Oh shoot, I am so sorry, I completely misunderstood your question! In that case I assume the digital downloads you mentioned in your first post (whatever they might be ;)) could be handled by any standard CDN after you've gotten it all set up, and for the store itself you should be fine with something like Squarespace or Shopify like normal.

MaxGoodman, Mar 15, 2017 IP