1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does signature in Digital Point Forum give my website valuable backlinks?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Al-Hazmi10, Jun 21, 2011.

Hi all, since I am new in this forum I need to be clear in some areas.
    1. My main purpose of joining this forum is to build as many backlinks as possible. I am still a little confused with how backlinks in a forum work. Does my website get valuable backlinks each time I post something or reply someone's post?
    2. Does one post (with signature) contain one backlink or the backlink is counted from the whole website? I mean, Is this true that no matter how many posts I have Google still consider I have only one backlink from DP forum?
    3. I am still in Grunt level. Does this affect the quality of my backlink? And what is the advantage of posting so many replies and getting higher level e.g. Twilight Vanquisher and Champion of the Naaru?
    I need some advance answers so that I can be clear with all those queries.
    Thanks a lot guys!

Al-Hazmi10, Jun 21, 2011 IP
  2. clinton

clinton Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The reason I don't post my links everywhere is because DP is not realated to my site and the admin probably has nofollow on for posts so this doesn't because a spam board for people wanting to get backlinks. Not 100%, but most likely. Twitter and most other social networks are aware of people's compulsion for backlinks and have nofollow as well.

nofollow tells the Google bot not to follow the link and prevents sites from becoming link farms.

What niche is your site?

clinton, Jun 21, 2011 IP
  3. cute-sherry

cute-sherry Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, your website get valuable back links each time and this is true that no matter how many post you have. And my suggestion is that the article submission helps you to improve your website. You must always choose to write quality articles for in to different directories having good ranks. This will increases back links for your sites.

cute-sherry, Jun 21, 2011 IP
  4. Ilona Andrews

Ilona Andrews Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, Digital Point Forum gives website valuable backlinks .

Ilona Andrews, Jun 21, 2011 IP
  5. Jagbanidotcom

Jagbanidotcom Peon

Best Answers:
    yes signature on dp forum will valuable for your site if its cached by google and will show in the list of backlinks in google when you use link: command

Jagbanidotcom, Jun 21, 2011 IP
  6. mdblee

mdblee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The backlinks from just ONE website, in this case Digital Point, are LIMITED. Getting lots of backlinks from just one website isn't going to rank you highly. You MUST get backlinks from lots of different websites, preferbaly on pages with a high PageRank.

mdblee, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  7. Grade1

Grade1 Peon

Best Answers:
    why you are taking only about forum backlink? there is more other strategy to get quality links.forum link are good but not totally help you to get rank.

Grade1, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  8. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    In my view Any link helps in the big picture you must do many thinks to rank ... but any link helps

w3bmaster, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  9. apg1021

apg1021 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes as mentioned before backlinks from dp are dofollow, as such they're very helpful once they are seen by the google bots in raising your rank.

apg1021, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  10. JakeSmithOZ

JakeSmithOZ Member

Best Answers:
    dp signature is one of those that appears in my google backlinks

JakeSmithOZ, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  11. pradiprg

pradiprg Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. You are absolutely correct. It is a very good forum providing quality backlinks. Be on this forum all the time. It is very much interesting and educative too.

pradiprg, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  12. seoakram

seoakram Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, your website get valuable back links each time and this is true that no matter how many post you have. And my suggestion is that the article submission helps you to improve your website. You must always choose to write quality articles for in to different directories having good ranks. This will increases back links for your sites.

seoakram, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  13. Adnan959

Adnan959 Member

Best Answers:
    DP will get you backlinks, they are counted on a PER POST basis. However you may have to make a certain amount of posts first before you can build any links with your sig...

Adnan959, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  14. fannychou

fannychou Peon

Best Answers:
    The signature in most forums gives dofollow backlinks to your website, and these backlinks do help you rank in google serps. But not to just build backlinks in one forum, try other ways, like directories submission, blog commenting, blogging, etc.

fannychou, Jun 22, 2011 IP