1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Shared Hosting effective to upgrade Cloudflare Pro Plan?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Nina Rose, Aug 13, 2015.

i am using NameCheap Shared Hosting, My site gets pretty Visitors. daily 3-3.5k unique visitors.
    Sometime Real-Time Visitors 30-40.

I am using cloudflare free plan. Should i go for Pro Plan??

* About My Site:
    > Its a Search Engine, Using Resources from other websites and store in my database.
    > High Page Loading Time.

Nina Rose, Aug 13, 2015 IP
  2. TheMostCreative

TheMostCreative Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The only difference is you would get WAF, SSL Support and small DDoS protection, in my opinion it doesn't worth the money.
    The fact of high loading time could be your hosting since you mentioned your on NameCheap shared which means your probably on a crowded server thus why your site loads slow.

TheMostCreative, Aug 14, 2015 IP
  3. DigitalThirdCoast

DigitalThirdCoast Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd upgrade simply for SSL and DDoS. But I'm also a huge fan of VPS over shared hosting. I'd go so far as to say I still have occasional nightmares about my site going down...I wouldn't dream of going back to shared plans. But I digress...

VPS is a little pricier, but if you're serious about your website then it's a worthwhile investment. Above all else you'd be buying peace of mind.

Even if you don't want to handle the server admin tasks of managing a VPS, you can still find managed plans (https://urpad.net/blog/should-you-consider-managed-vps/)

DigitalThirdCoast, Aug 14, 2015 IP
  4. Nina Rose

Nina Rose Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank You Both " DigitalThirdCoast and "TheMostCreative" for your valuable info.
    So you are suggesting that i should go for a vps rather upgrade cloudflare pro plan??

Nina Rose, Aug 15, 2015 IP
  5. ronmac

ronmac Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Obviously your cheap hosting is not cutting it. perhaps introduce some advertising on your site to pay for a host upgrade. .3.5k visitors a day should pay for itself. VPS, semi dedicated

ronmac, Aug 15, 2015 IP
  6. DigitalThirdCoast

DigitalThirdCoast Peon

Best Answers:
    Definitely VPS. Worth the upgrade. AND you will probably find a VPS provider (whether server is managed or not) offering DDoS protection. Where are you looking to host?

DigitalThirdCoast, Aug 16, 2015 IP
  7. postcd

postcd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    NO, i do NOT suggest this. if your website is badly optimised, you will have slow loading time no mater what you use. Do not waste your precious time setting up a VPS.
    Regarding Cloudflare i dont think it would make difference to swith to Pro.
    First optimise your website. google: optimise website load time, reduce website load time etc.

postcd, Aug 16, 2015 IP
  8. DigitalThirdCoast

DigitalThirdCoast Peon

Best Answers:
    If you feel like your biggest issue is Page Load time, use Google's Page Speed Insights to learn how you can optimize it. Webmaster Tools (now Search Console) has some really helpful tools that too many people fail to utilize. I'd also recommend giving the "Mobile-Friendly" testing tool a go in the same dashboard. Good luck!

DigitalThirdCoast, Aug 17, 2015 IP