1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

does SEO-Guy do good work?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by jon myers, Jun 22, 2005.

1. ron252

ron252 Peon

Best Answers:
    This guy kicked me out from his forum because as a realtor and belong from software engg. I started teaching those unknown nice realtor he kicked me out because he knows what he is doing. If ppl over there know about realty they will go away and leave him high and dry. If he is not doing anything wrong or unethical he should not be affraid of. Be honest to your customer and business to you will flow, they will chase you not you will be after them.

Regards

Ron

ron252, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  2. ltcobretti

ltcobretti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Seo-Guy's program works. They trade links with a bunch of other real estate sites, and trade about 50 links at a time, so they can get the other webmasters to respond. Fact is my site that has been in the program for 9 months ranks well in all three search engines. It still has room for improvement, but it is doing well, and I expect that next spring I will be getting a few good leads a month - which are valuable in this industry. The service costs $500/mo.

ltcobretti, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  3. Pammer

Pammer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    make new accnt and bump the thread :D :D :p

Pammer, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  4. mandoleen

mandoleen Peon

Best Answers:
    , it says he works on sites for $2000 a month ????????

mandoleen, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  5. ron252

ron252 Peon

Best Answers:
    See if this program start working like the way he guarantees people will start praying SEO huge sum and SEO will be bill gates. These are the people are giving bad name to SEO, going on top of google is not just link exchange. When google inventor wrote paper on "Hyper-textual Search Engine" they thought people will link to people only when they really vote for. Not buy the link and put it over, google want their honest vote or opinion not made up opinion or bias for any reason.

People started linking scheme, you link to me and i will link to you kind of reciprocal link. All those nice innocent realtor believe us and they started exchanging links religiously, I also did it , I guess if u search on net…. thousands of people are selling those cheap links is it worth it. Nope at all. People think why google don't show all those non sense link. Some say google don't want to disclose all those backlink to our competitors. It may be true but if all other people are showing, and they hide it they will not invest a dime in inveting this self killing technology. Because it is a bad business decision to send their searchers on yahoo (for link explorer) and loose their customer base because google don't do this and yahoo do it. They completely discount those crapy links.

So those made up recip gone out, then what we left with. We seo try to trick with paid links pay 30$/month for PR5 and so on. So as per matt they are (big g ) on to it they already say they can tell what is paid link. In one of their meeting with WMW senior members and Big G engg meeting with public they were able to detect 80-90% time correctly. So this shortcut also gone from our tricky hand.

So people devised a new and completely experimental idea hosted marketing page.
    Put a page on well accepted and most visited site by paying something with a back link to your site. I don't know till what time it will work, if this will work then people will move to this idea. Big chance to become big book a site “hosted-page-broker.com” or “hostedpagebroker.com” just like text link broker. You know these thing will go in market but will take time, by that time TLB( text link brokers) have a nice ride and after that HPB will have nice ride for some time. But any of ppl thinking about it don’t forget my 2 cents.

You know it is cat and mouse game. If people will not get honest opinion of a well respected company on SERP, then they will loose hope in these SE. They will trash their existence just like a junk mail.

So in summary short cut seo is risky you may get banned for this. I am not blaming "SEO GUY", actually people ask a SEO to do it this way. If those ppl say we don't do short cut seo then client will go to next door who is offering this shortcut service. Some people are successful doing this short cut but it will last........... big NO..... if he can he will be next bill gates.

I really feel sorry for those realtors who get some nice fancy template web site in a hope for get more customers. You know things are getting crazy. If in your market any keyword is hit for more than 100000 times all the so called advertiser is after that. Like Homegain who is selling the leads to us ( realtors ) but sell those links also to mortgage, insurance, furniture and what not.

Because in this industry ( real estate ) market is moving from traditional to completely internet. That is why homegain, ziprealty and all those ppl are into it. This job is not just a legal brokerage company it is become full blown public limited marketing company.

I feel sorry for those traditional brokers who started feeling heat because buyer or seller want lower commission or some cash-back and these people can not afford it at all. Realtors already started moving or planning to move.

Some ppl over here doubt it but I will give you a clue all those realtors who join this business well before internet boom they have enough referral lineup to work with. Problem is with new ppl don’t have referral, broker is not having nice web presence may be 10 year old frame version. Buyer and seller are looking for nice informative presence not just so called. Because buyer are looking for more information and seller need quick sell. So if any body give a nice presence ppl will go after it.

Ok I was telling about realtors leaving traditional brokerage, see all those old realtors have good referral line up and achieve commission percentage of 80% - 90%. These brokerage company get big portion from nice new guys by training them and what not and give them 50%. For new realtors it is hard to get business so they turn toward internet to get business and pay these guys $3500 for semi template site ( which should be hardly $500 - $1000). And they have to give nice chunk of money back to seller or buyer in order to get client business and they can not afford it. So they have to go for discount brokerage firm like hold their license for $70/m so they can offer some incentives to their clients and pay for these extra overhead.

Then what is SEO, it is a lengthy process and a way too much ethical. People who are willing “get quick get rich” scheme then forget it. Organic SEO is not link exchange it is ppl's hard work. If you follow these so called SEO then you may get success or may not. These quick things will work right now but in future i guess so NO. This industry pays billions in commission and some innovative ppl are already after it. So top position is not guaranteed from a quick fixer at all, you need to work hard to get it. Can anybody do it for you??? I doubt it. You get a business of 50,000$/m and seo get $2000. It does not make any sense. I need to have this ride but will not be able to. Guys put some thought on it.

This stuff is also on my personal blog.

Regards

Ron

ron252, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  6. Blonde Jon

Blonde Jon Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I just want to put in a few words here. I haven't paid for any of SEO Guy's services so I can't give you an opinion on his work, but I can give you a glimpse of how SEO Guy and his forum has been a help to me. I have really gleaned a lot from his forum. I started my SEO journey over at SEO Guy forums. I learned a ton over there. I still visit the forums occasionally. By following the techniques that are taught in his SEO tutorial and by reading a lot of threads I got one of my sites #2 in Google, Yahoo, and MSN for my primary keywords. This site is pulling in some nice income for us. I once called into SEO Guy to get some SEO consultation done for the particular site mentioned above. He looked over my site told me I was going in the right direction and gave me a few pointers and he did it for free. Some people would try to sell you their services if you didn't need them. He didn't do that. I believe that is pretty honorable. Every post I ever read at SEO Guy by Morgan (SEO Guy), has been solid.

This is just my 2 cents. :)

Blonde Jon, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  7. ron252

ron252 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not saying "SEO guy" is bad or good. He may be good I never got his service or got a chance to talk to him. My own requirement in real estate bring me to his one of forum and when I just go through his forum there is lot of misinformation, and as a former employee of one of major SE I try to warn people over there. That search engine are not designed the way they are looking at or these ppl are describing. So one of their admin kicked me out because it may hurt their business. I can understand, but forum is for freedom of speech. You tell me I tell you and we agree on some point not like just hit me out.

See "Seo Guy" is a pioneer in SEM even then when you search in google today with a keyword "seo guy" you will get this thread at the top. I guess he described his service in wikipedia and so many place he is running lots of high traffic forum and website with his link on it. I guess in this forum his link come one or two time and word density is going to be less than 1%. Then why google is giving more importance to this thread rather than all his good work. If such a famous SEO can not control his position in SE nobody can.

Search Engine were never designed this way. For a original theory of Hyper Textual Search Engine by Sergey while his stay in Stanford you can visit http:// www-db.stanford.edu/~backrub/google.html. I guess it is too big and complex.

Most important thing in his SE is hidden and secret that is why they are god of SE. other ppl try to make it but original is original. If we can trick it the whole purpose will go away. Can you trick your position??? Yes you can till your competitor is not doing right thing. See if SEO Guy can not then how about common low profile ppl. Big G is designed in customer centric way rather than program or page centric like put in title, tag, meta tag, kw, links and what not. You can easily trick your position in other SE but in big G.... Big No...........

Will I get any business benefit from this not at all. It is just my honest opinion.

Regards

Ron

ron252, Sep 29, 2006 IP
  8. Meads

Meads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some interesting replies here. I was thinking about using his services myself.

Meads, Sep 29, 2006 IP
  9. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    It is best to avoid doing business with emotionally unstable people.

Will.Spencer, Sep 29, 2006 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  10. MemphisREMAX

MemphisREMAX Peon

Best Answers:

You have got to be kidding. That is a massively SPAMMY looking site. As a customer looking for a service, I wouldn't spend 20 seconds on a site that looked like that.

It mimics an Advance Access site, which is template, SPAMMY and cheap looking in and of them selves.

MemphisREMAX, Nov 23, 2006 IP
  11. MemphisREMAX

MemphisREMAX Peon

Best Answers:
    Meads,
    You won't be disappointed, I don't believe. I haven't moved on to the link and SEO services YET, but plan to shortly. I can say that I did A LOT of research on real estate websites before I chose. I based my decision on looking at prior work and the quality and SERP's there of. If you're ranked #1 and no one can stand to look at your site and doesn't use it, what good is it? and vise versa could be said; however, his sites historically do well and look very nice, with function if done properly.

I have received leads that have closed ($$$) and just referred out a commercial deal worth up to $4 mill. I believe they call that results. I received a $350,000 listing, 100% because of my site, and so on.

When folks meet you for the first time, they have a first impression about what type of REALTOR you are. When they see you drive up in a car they judge you by what you drive. Do you dress for success? DO you drive a professional looking car? They create a first impression when they land on your website as well. I pre-judge business' all the time by their website when I am out doing my due diligence on a product or service. It's natural. We judge the quality of food in a restaurant, by how the outside of the building looks and how clean their bathrooms are, it's natural.

I did my site myself, so I am sure they will "tweak" things to be more correct when I go over to the full service. Feel free to look at it Memphis-RealEstate (dot) net. I am not SEO or SEM, I just read, and did the best I can for now.

More importantly, go look at the examples of his and others full service sites.

Ron,

I hope you're more intelligent then your grammar. Most of what you recommend is garbage and miss-stated. I read several of your posts, both here and over there; and they were just out right wrong. Stop stating your opinions as facts, have you never been told what IMHO stands for?

MemphisREMAX, Nov 23, 2006 IP
  12. VegasMack

VegasMack Peon

Best Answers:
    That was one hell of a prediction Blogmaster (thinking to myself: I wonder if he gives stock tips?

You were right on!

This old thread is a great read for several reasons. ;)

~VegasMack

VegasMack, Nov 4, 2007 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  13. VegasRealEstate

VegasRealEstate Banned

Best Answers:
    Funny seeing you over here and in this discussion, lol.

VegasRealEstate, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  14. VegasMack

VegasMack Peon

Best Answers:
    I stop by here from time to time.

Was doing some research on links and ran into this thread.

Uncanny how accurate Blogmaster’s prediction on links over two years ago was.

If he doesn’t do stock predictions maybe he can PM me this Wednesday’s Power Ball Numbers. :D

Later Tony! ;)

~VegasMack

VegasMack, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  15. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Actually, I may want to get into the stock market as well, but for now I`m starting my own real estate firm in Costa Rica and working with Inlip Web Development and Design. New site coming soon. :)

Welcome to Dp btw. Long time no see!

Blogmaster, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  16. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    I predict one thing, the hot new housing market in the world is going to be Costa Rica. :cool:

Blogmaster, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  17. VegasMack

VegasMack Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I am glad I did not stumble across this thread back when you made the prediction or I would have made a complete ass of myself when I told you how crazy it sounded. :eek:

Anyway I had to give you kudos (and DP Rep) for your insight.

Good luck on your new real estate firm in Costa Rica and please….. let me know how you do in the stock market. ;)

~VegasMack

VegasMack, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  18. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Thanks Mack, and cool to see you around here. :)

Blogmaster, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  19. VegasMack

VegasMack Peon

Best Answers:
    You are most welcome.

DP is a great resource and I needed a break from my forum anyway.

I wish I had more time to spend here.

~VegasMack

VegasMack, Nov 8, 2007 IP
  20. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    I will have to check your forum lateron, I may have to ask you to reset my password and new email address. But since I am new to doing real estate myself, don´t get mad if I bring a bunch of newbie style questions. By the way, I have just sold my first property. Never thought that would ever happen. :)

By the way, Costa Rica has the best real estate market in the world right now. :)

http://firetown.com/cool/?p=12

- Mike Dammann

Blogmaster, Nov 15, 2007 IP