1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

does SEO-Guy do good work?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by jon myers, Jun 22, 2005.

1. jon myers

jon myers Peon

Best Answers:
    For a real estate site, with non flash, it's $2000. For flash, it's $3500. It says right here; http://www.real-estate-optimization.com/web-design/pricing.php

jon myers, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  2. Dreamshop

Dreamshop Peon

Best Answers:

In another post someone mentioned that he pointed 70 thousand links at a site, that's definitely heavy link building. If you're trying to generate hundreds or thousands of inbound links (links that point to your site) it can be fairly risky. My theory is that quality is better than quantity. I have sites that are doing extremely well with less than 50 links, even in competitive markets.

Obviously the more sites in your field that are optimized, the more work it might take to achieve good placement but in my opinion there is more to SEO than just links. It's important, but not the only factor. :cool:

Dreamshop, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  3. spdude

spdude Guest

Best Answers:
    70,000, and even several times that amount of links is fine.. for a site which has been around for a year or two.. AND the links are pointed at inner pages and not all at the home page.

My site has over 2,000,000 links in Yahoo... and is ranking very high in Google without any penalties. Like everyone else, no idea of what tomorrow will bring...

Also, paying 2 grand/month for this type of linkage is not expensive at all.

Seriously, IMO I think there is only two reasons why sites get dropped from Google due to aggressive linkage. Either the site is too new, in which case it will receive high rankings for a short period then disappear, or the links are not distributed across the pages evenly. All are pointed to the index page.

If these things are avoided, long term high rankings in Google can be achieved.

spdude, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  4. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Neither would I

Well duh!
    That's the point. He always bragged about how well ranked he was for those terms, then one day he gets wiped out of Google, and he posted several times that he had no idea of what had happened or why his terms dropped.

fryman, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  5. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    Amen

:eek:

Foxy, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  6. driven

driven Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Will and Fryman,
    What is your reason for not doing business with him. Is he incompetent?

driven, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  7. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't say he is incompetent, but I see him as someone who talks a lot but doesn't really do what he says.

fryman, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  8. Dreamshop

Dreamshop Peon

Best Answers:

Well my opinion is simply that if you're going to invest that amount of money, that it should be done with an overall marketing plan in mind so you can get the most impact. Don't put all your eggs in one basket...especially if you're operating a business that needs to interact within a specific community. You CAN get great placement with fewer links, so then just use a portion of your budget for link development and invest the rest in other promotional strategies that will not only bring you additional links but incredible brand exposure (like optimized release distribution and a public relations campaign).

My only beef with most seo companies is that they talk about link building as if that's the only thing a business needs to do, when it's just one piece of the puzzle.

Real estate professionals in particular should be looking at how they can use marketing to develop relationships with their prospects...not just how to be number 1 on Google. :rolleyes:

Dreamshop, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  9. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I personally don't rely on any specific seo tactic to work in the future. I advertise sites in ways that it benefits their rankings as well. It is so much better to wait and get business while you wait for the search engines to pick you up.

personally I don't waste time with "senseless links" because I honestly don't see that working well in the future. It was the big craze 2 years ago and then too many sites have dropped.

The key is to develop a site and advertise in a way that search engines and consumers like as well. That is how you make the most out of your site and it's potential.

Blogmaster, Jun 23, 2005 IP
    VegasMack likes this.
  10. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    Sitetutor, you make a good point. This is something I was trying to point out. This type of Seo or Sem scheme whichever way to want to refer to it as, is going to cost those clients in the long run. Real Estate on the internet is about long term.

To point out a few facts to consider. First his seo site has fell from google. 2nd. There is no way and I am sure the search engines would see it this way if it was pointed out to them...That a real estate website that has been up less than a year would have 119,000 links and go from nowhere to being found on google for Las Vegas real estate at the number 3 position.

Jon Myers: I know for a fact, all her sites are hand coded. From what I have seen of her seo abilities, she is very good at getting sites ranked for the keywords they should have. Her plans are long term and last. They are not based on a quick building link farm but proven seo knowledge. Also you might want to check out Advanced Access. They have an easy to use interface and with the Seo Package its only like 2k a year. They also end up with a lot of sites ranked in the top 10 of google.

Since I am a Realtor and have been in the business for a very long time and do very well on the internet, I can tell you that your business plan for the internet needs to be long term and not just based on search engine results. I have used Seo Guy in the past and it cost me and not just from a financial point. He has some knowledge of Seo but as fryman said Seo Guy talks a good game. Hell with the gift of gab he has, he should be a dam Realtor..LOL

IMHO Seo is about the long term for real estate, quick link building schemes to manipulate the SEs will at some point get your site ban from the SEs.

Las Vegas Homes, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  11. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    I look at it like this: algos will change, there will be hick-ups. If you secure your sites with the right links and have a structure, look and navigation that will keep you in business no matter what, you're good to go.

Seo tunnel vision can cause you to crash when you don't see what else is coming at you :)

12. driven

driven Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

I have to agree with Kat. SEO isn't the one all for real estate websites. Wayne (las vegas), I really liked your optimized press releases for your las vegas real estate website. Considering that the press release was done in 2004 and it still holds #1 ranking on Yahoo is darn good.

And I'd rather spend the money to get a few high PR links rather than spend money on a bunch of links that are worthless. I mean c'mon, 70,000 IBL is ridiculous.

driven, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  13. clasione

clasione Notable Member

Best Answers:

I agree.... I didn't like it much either... As a matter of fact, was kind of suprising after Las Vegas Homes recomendation..... A first impression is too important to not take seriously....

clasione, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  14. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks Driven, but the 70k in backlinks I was referring to is nothing compared to what Seo Guys latest Las Vegas client has for backlinks. His latest clients site was created in July 2 2004 and has over 119,000 backlinks now and came from nowhere to the tops of google...Yahoo and MSN have already kicked it back in their serps.

Las Vegas has some savvy real estate website owners and I dont think it will take long for that site to go bye bye...I would think that the search engines would be wise enough to see that what was done with that Las vegas site was manipulation, but only time will tell and as you said there are better ways to spend your money.

Seo for real estate is about long term. Those that take that approach will be the ones that last in this business on the internet.

15. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Having been thru the algo changes of the past 5 years, I have to agree with this 100%. Just like with any other industry, you need to brand yourself to stand out from the rest and never get yourself into the position where you depend on search engines 100%. Search engine rankings are a GREAT side-effect which can turn into your main source of leads and business when you do things right. Some sites that have dropped are still doing well without search engine rankings while others have completely disappeared out of the sight where they should be seen.

One thing that will not give you business is useless links. I have seen sites with great rankings because of 10 backlinks from good sources. Those are usually backlinks that also give targetted traffic that generates good business.

I myself am not into wasting time. If someone ranks for mass-linking ... more power to them, but in my case, I wouldn't touch it :)

16. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:

My recomendation is based on her knowledge, not design ability. She has a very good knowledge of seo and a good link building strategy. Also for what it is worth everything she designs is by hand..no html program used to create.

I know that this site is making seven figures a year in real estate sales from the site. It may not be the best looking but there is something about it that keeps driving customers to the site and purchasing real estate.

As stated it was just a suggestion for what Jon was looking for that IMHO is safe and for the long term.

17. honey

honey Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    SEO Guy is #1 :)

honey, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  18. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Lmao... :D

fryman, Jun 23, 2005 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  19. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    My forum moderator is #1 for " real estate " in msn :)

20. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    sIts good your getting alot of good feedback from people here. I can tell you when I got started I invested a small amount of money with him for his services and have seen 10000x return on that investment.

Just my experience.

Shoemoney

Shoemoney, Jun 24, 2005 IP