1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

does SEO-Guy do good work?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by jon myers, Jun 22, 2005.

Hi, I'm a realtor and I'm trying to get an SEO do some work for a new real estate website. I hear SEO Guy is the person to talk to for real estate sites? Do you think I should go to him? I've heard that he uses aggressive link popularity services (ie; being a link broker) and such to get his clients into the SERPS?

I'm not looking for anyone to bash and make him look bad, but I would like some honest opinions and some references on him before I decide to fork over alot of money to anyone.

thank you.

jon myers, Jun 22, 2005 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  2. clasione

clasione Notable Member

Best Answers:
    jon, If I had anything bad to say about him, I probably just wouldn't say anything at all....

But fortunetly, I've worked with him in the past and you can feel confident that your money is being well spent and placed with a knowledable seo.....

Good Luck, and I'm sure he'll be one of the best for the job......

clasione, Jun 22, 2005 IP
    joeychgo likes this.
  3. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    Take this for what it is worth. Also this is coming from someone who doesnt like Seo Guy. I think he does a great job at getting sites ranked for the real estate industry, but I also believe what he does is taking a short cut and in the long run could cost you.( IMHO he has a huge link farm ) If he still operates the same way. If someone ever takes the time to expose it and the search engines pay attention, all his clients could be in for a hard fall, once again IMHO

If you want top 10 rankings in google fast I would say Seo Guy is the person to go with but as stated I believe those are short cuts and short term fixes for your rankings that you would get. If you are looking for long term rankings he may not be.

He does control a lot of links so therefore I consider him a link broker and not an seo. IMHO you could have the worse seod site and have a ton of links pointing at it and get ranked in the top 10 of google, so if that is Seo then he is by far the best I know of for that type of Seo. Please dont get me wrong he has more knowledge of Seo than I do but that isnt saying to much LOL.

The other factor you have to consider is his cost. He is very expensive. An example of cheaper and better. Take Advanced Access, they have a lot of real estate sites in the top 10 and they only cost about 2k a year and this includes their seo package. Also whether it be good or bad, I have known him to test things on his clients websites that sometimes may be harmful to your rankings and sometimes helpful, but its a crap shoot.

He is good at the type of seo he practices, but there are others out there that are better, cheaper and work on your site for what I would consider the long run. This Person Does a Great Job Here its not fast but it is for the long run.

Las Vegas Homes, Jun 22, 2005 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.
  4. clasione

clasione Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've always considered him to be one of the best out there...
    And there truely are very few....

Maybe you know something I don't.....

What's the scoop on the idea of a link farm?

5. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    One thing I have learned when you are posting and believe me it comes from a lot of hard knocks. When you dont have anything good to say be vague. The less said the less bashing that goes on.

I dont have the rep that Seo Guy does so no matter what I say, I am wrong whether its true or not, so I just keep my mouth shut LOL. Hell if he sees this he should be happy that I even said something positive about him...:D

Las Vegas Homes, Jun 22, 2005 IP
  6. clasione

clasione Notable Member

Best Answers:
    understood, and probably a good decision...

7. Dreamshop

Dreamshop Peon

Best Answers:
    Dreamshop, Jun 22, 2005 IP
  8. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    dcristo, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  9. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    Foxy, Jun 23, 2005 IP
    joeychgo and Blogmaster like this.
  10. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    Most SEO's control a large number of sites, with decent PR and a huge page count.
    I'd have thought it was pretty standard to use your own sites to initially boost a clients IBL's whilst working on a long term strategy of IBL's. OK, I always tell clients that is what I do. Part of what they pay me for is a 12 month contract for links from my sites, If they continue those links after the 12 months is up to them.
    I'm up front with the client in the way that I do things, ie I tell them that taking links from mysites is an option for them whilst we actually go about putting in place a long term link solution. But then hey that's not SEO work it's SEM (marketting).
    The SEO work is the optimization of their site. Not all clients contract me for the SEM work as well - most do but not all.
    SEO-GUY has a good rep as far as I'm concerned.
    If there are concerns with how he does things, then discuss it with him. An important part of the contract (as far as a client is concerned) should be knowing exactly what you're getting for your money. Never be frightened to ask questions of an SEO company/person that you're thinking of contracting. If the answers don't ring true, then don't touch them.
    I'm personally not aware of anyone that use SEO Guy and wasn't happy with the work he did, I only know a couple of people that used him but they had nothing but good words for him.
    He's expensive, but so what. Good work doesn't come cheap. Just always makes sure you know exactly what you're paying for.

jlawrence, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  11. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I dont think this necessarily makes him a bad SEO though. Getting to the top of G for those terms to begin with would have been no easy achievement.

dcristo, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  12. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    I dont think he is a bad seo in my opinion he is an sem, I just think as smart as he is, the tactics that he uses IMO are very risky.The way that Atlanta site got to the top so fast was by buying a massive amount of links from Seo Guy at 2k per month.I believe 70k for total link count to be exact and I dont know of any Realtor site that has 70k in backlinks much less any other type site, also most of those were from the same sites and unthemed and all this was done in like 6 weeks to reach the top of google and yahoo. That site btw is still at the top of Yahoo. When Seo Guy took on that site it was a new site he had someone design and was ranked number 3 in google for its primary key phrases and all in 6 weeks, but it was later banned by google.

Anyway this is kind of off subject. As I stated before if you want fast results but no promise of staying there for the long term along with taking a bigger risk and costing you a good chunk of change per month, Seo Guy can get you there with all the links he controls. If you want long term results, I would use Advanced Access, its a lot cheaper and safer IMHO. Plus they have a great number of sites in the top 10 in google all over the country

If you get results everyone is happy, but if the castle falls, people tend to line up with rocks and sticks in hand. So far he has lived up to what he has promised, but I feel time is against him or should I say this type of seo.

He does have a site in my market and this site came from nowhere to this so far for the primary key phrase we all want: Las vegas Real Estate
    Las Vegas Site : Google - #3 Yahoo # 49 MSN # 29

This site has 119k thats 119,000 links listed in Yahoo LOL and has been online since July 2 2004, I would think anyone or any site could get ranked with controling that many backlinks. Hell the number 1 site for that city has been online since 1998 I believe and they only have around 13k in backlinks and work very hard on their seo.

Las Vegas Homes, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  13. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone got an idea of his ballpark rates for a real estate site (For example)...

SEbasic, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  14. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    I think its $500 per month for a certain amount of links. Anything above that is more I believe but I am not sure. The base rate is $500 per month.

SEbasic likes this.
  15. crazyhorse

crazyhorse Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone in particular you would like to recommend besides the one you have just mentioned before? Im talking about long-term link development.

crazyhorse, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  16. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    Well I believe this person is really good and does good seo, check out her sites and the ones she is seoing Check It Out

I believe if you check her out you will be quite pleased with what you see and she is very reasonable.

17. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I would not do business with SEO Guy.

Will.Spencer, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  18. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    On his form on his site , it says he works on sites for $2000 a month. At ;least it used to.

ferret77, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  19. jon myers

jon myers Peon

Best Answers:
    >>>just curious... why via PM?

Because she probably doesn't want to engage in public bashing of anyone.

However, let me add this. I'm not looking for anyone to bash anyone else. But I am looking for a very blunt review of his *current* link popularity services. I love his website and design and such, but I have heard of various comments about his link building techniques.

For example, I've heard that he does heavy link building? What is heavy link building? And I am on his real estate webmasters forum as well, but I'm just lurking for now and getting a feel for things. He mentioned in one of his threads that his clients engage in a advanced linking program, but it's so top secret that only clients know. I'm not sure what that was about. Can anyone shed some light on this.

jon myers, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  20. jon myers

jon myers Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I checked out her site, but I thought she had horrible design and usability. I mean, if her link popularity service is good, I might be willing to listen more, but I don't know if I would a site designed by her though, IMHO.

jon myers, Jun 23, 2005 IP