1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does putting RSS affect the rakning.....

Discussion in 'XML & RSS' started by rahulm, May 16, 2006.

hi plz tell me Does putting RSS feed affect the site rakning.....and where i have to put rss feed

rahulm, May 16, 2006 IP
  2. WebFreedom

WebFreedom Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi rahulm,

Including an RSS feed on your website can indeed help your ranking in the SERPs, and is a good way to rotate fresh content to your pages on a regular basis. The key is to have your RSS feed be only one part of your content, and to offer unique, updated content in other areas of your pages, as well. I don't think the location of the RSS feed on your pages makes much difference, so you should focus on placing it somewhere that makes sense, based on your page layout.

Best of luck. :)

Sam

WebFreedom, May 16, 2006 IP
  3. ericeric

ericeric Guest

Best Answers:
    i have heard it bad for webpages...

lets say you put rss with 10 outbound kinks to the owner of rss feed...

rss content will benefit RSS owner and bring to him PR, meanwhile you loose your PR.

dont you think so?

ericeric, May 16, 2006 IP
  4. terryuk

terryuk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    yeah thats true, but that is PR. Having RSS on your site will help serp's

terryuk, May 16, 2006 IP
  5. WebFreedom

WebFreedom Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep - PR and SERPs are two different animals. From a SERPs perspective, the outbound links will only be present for a short period of time, and it's doubtful that they would have any effect on ranking.

Sam

6. ericeric

ericeric Guest

Best Answers:
    Is this what SERP stands for:

Short for search engine results page, the Web page that a search engine returns with the results of its search. The major search engines typically display three kinds of listings on their SERPs. Listings that have been indexed by the search engine’s spider, listings that have been indexed into the search engine’s directory by a human, and listings that are paid to be listed by the search engine.

ericeric, May 16, 2006 IP
  7. WebFreedom

WebFreedom Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep, that's it. A very thorough and detailed definition, as well. :)

Sam

8. bentong

bentong Banned

Best Answers:
    you can also add a "no follow" attribute on the href of your rss feeds to prevent pagarank drained..

bentong, May 22, 2006 IP
  9. DaVe™

DaVe™ Peon

Best Answers:

i thought that the original poster meant having his own rss feeds? not getting them from other places?

DaVe™, May 22, 2006 IP
  10. tonyrocks

tonyrocks Active Member

Best Answers:
    No follow is very helpfull. Now this makes me bring up something. How are you displaying your RSS feeds? I see that there are two options:

1. Javascript
    2. Server side

While javascript is easy, it adds extra javascript code that some engines really hate. It is a good thing to have the js code in a separate file and then simply call the functions with a small bit of script within your html.

Server side works for me because there is no extra js code, just parsed HTML code fit for a king (search engine)

tonyrocks, May 22, 2006 IP
  11. ludwig

ludwig Notable Member

Best Answers:
    interesting topic guys,

I don't think a search engine can determine whether its RSS or no. I use ASP, I convert it and then display as content on my site, the source code that is given out to the Search Engine Bot does not contain any info except for the links, which can be also replaced with my own ones.

Links are changing daily. RSS is usefull both for me and the provider. I have news on my site, they receive extra hits from people who are interested in their publications

thats my opinion

ludwig, May 23, 2006 IP
  12. ericeric

ericeric Guest

Best Answers:
    yeap, but sarch engines can see duplicate content.... that i was talking about... too many people use the same RSS...

ericeric, May 25, 2006 IP
  13. WebFreedom

WebFreedom Peon

Best Answers:
    RSS feeds are typically very dynamic, i.e. changing constantly, and in addition are usually only posted as "snippets", rather than as a full article - so I doubt they're likely to be treated as duplicate content. Just my opinion, but I wouldn't be overly concerned about drawing a duplicate content penalty for using RSS feeds. :)

Sam

WebFreedom, May 25, 2006 IP
  14. mikebrad0927

mikebrad0927 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. I see no dup content penalty from publishing rss, just daily updated content

mikebrad0927, May 27, 2006 IP