1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Pinterest Bring You Traffic?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by MarketExpert, May 31, 2015.

I have some images on Pinterest with a number of pins. Only a trickle of traffic. Have you been getting Pinterest traffic to your site?

MarketExpert, May 31, 2015 IP
  2. TB Ann

TB Ann Banned

Best Answers:
    you would need tons of followers to get traffic

TB Ann, Jun 1, 2015 IP
  3. debbiec12323

debbiec12323 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It does, Pinterest is tied with Twitter as the 2nd largest driver of traffic from social media sites. You only have to start pinning in the right way like sharing dynamic and specifed content to your audience.

debbiec12323, Jun 1, 2015 IP
  4. murfe

murfe Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Absolutely pintrest does drive traffic.The key is like with any social media site,you have to interact and engage with your audience.

murfe, Jun 1, 2015 IP
  5. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't have much luck with pinterest. I guess it depends on your niche and what you are offering.

ablaye, Jun 1, 2015 IP
  6. camohit

camohit Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You need to offer value to your followers. They should believe that you have something to offer for THEIR benefit before they start going to your website / blog. People are looking and searching for things that can benefit them. Just take your own example..what makes you click something and visit their offer? For me its how that thing can benefit me...what's in it for me. So, keep the same thing in mind and make your pins the way which is adding value to your followers. Your followers should wait for Pin from you and every time they receive notification of a new Pin they should leave everything and click that...you should make that kind of image among your followers and when that happens you will be on top of your business while helping people all over the world.
    Wish you luck!

camohit, Jun 2, 2015 IP
  7. Bob Raven

Bob Raven Member

Best Answers:
    Surely does but is poor , for right now ..hope for better in future !

Bob Raven, Jun 2, 2015 IP
  8. liltceo

liltceo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Make your pinterest account niche specific and share niche specific pics, you need engage with your followers and also share it with twitter and other social media. find and follow what the main players shares in your niche.

liltceo, Jun 2, 2015 IP
  9. Franklin Hatchett

Franklin Hatchett Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know a food blog getting over 500k visitors a month from Pinterest.

Franklin Hatchett, Jun 2, 2015 IP
  10. Cecil Mah

Cecil Mah Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's good for Social Bookmarking. And a best place for sharing infographics.

Cecil Mah, Jun 2, 2015 IP
  11. funmom91

funmom91 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It depends on your niche and the quality of your photos. I have had one or two pins send me a lot of traffic (currently I only have 2000 followers) but normally I only get maybe 10 visits from a pin. Those in the food and fashion niches tend to do extremely well though.

funmom91, Jun 2, 2015 IP
  12. fir3143

fir3143 Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes it brings traffic to my sites especially if you target a certain niche. What I did is that I have uploaded a lot of pics and create a board. E.g. Everday I pinned 30 to 40 images (quotes) from my website and then traffic comes in. My advice is to upload a new pics so that the traffic will rise everyday. I have had a 300 uvs per day using this type of method.

fir3143, Jun 2, 2015 IP
  13. fly14

fly14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    how many followers do you have?

fly14, Jun 4, 2015 IP
  14. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Pinterest does send a lot of traffic - but depends heavily on the niche.

Pinterest has plenty of active women who are interested in fashion, home decor, style, food etc.

They love cute stuff. I used to get plenty of traffic from Pinterest on my travel blog and on my pets site. However, I get almost no traffic on my social media and Internet marketing related posts from Pinterest.

Also, the attached image plays a big role. It is a graphic site and choosing a good image helps.

uttoransen, Jun 9, 2015 IP
    Rado_ch likes this.
  15. Mani sood

Mani sood Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Absolutely pinterest does drive traffic. Pinterest High Pr Social Networking site.

Mani sood, Jun 12, 2015 IP
  16. prasun27

prasun27 Member

Best Answers:
    If your number of followers is sufficient then you would certainly get traffic.

prasun27, Jun 13, 2015 IP
  17. Webmaster.Xochitl

Webmaster.Xochitl Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yea, Just verify your Pins link back to topical and high quality content that involves the Pins picture or feature.

Webmaster.Xochitl, Jun 15, 2015 IP
  18. Emily Lynch

Emily Lynch Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes. Pinterest is a good source to get traffic for your site or blog. If you are looking for a way to get traffic for your blog, pin the images from your blog. The important thing is that when you are creating the board for this purpose, you can avoid creating the board with the title like "My blog" or "My site's blog" instead create it with generic title and add your blog images. Also pin images from external sources. This way you can get more followers for your pinterest board leading to a good traffic.

Emily Lynch, Jun 23, 2015 IP
  19. V Cross

V Cross Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Pinterest indeed bring traffic, but you have to build your pinterest to have some integrity at first. Start with managing the boards simple and easy with quality pins. Engage everyday (if it is possible) by liking other pins or just pinning that relate to your boards. It is a bit slow (unless you use paid programs) to get more followers. If you have a website that you want to promote just put it in your profile. Take some time to grow the followers but in my experience using pinterest, the followers will grow... maybe 1-2 / day as a start and will become 5-10 /day in few weeks. Keep pinning.

V Cross, Jun 26, 2015 IP
  20. Alex Byhovtsov

Alex Byhovtsov Member

Best Answers:
    I have read an article about Pinterest, that the popularity of it will only be growing, so I think it's our time to learn about it more and more. In my opinion the site is great and it can bring you traffic but it is not suitable for all industries/services.

Alex Byhovtsov, Jul 2, 2015 IP