1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Neteller Allow Charge Backs?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by bad_bob00, Oct 9, 2007.

Hi there,

I started a thread earlier asking whether Paypal was actually safe to receive money from another person (because I've heard they can do charge backs down the line causing you to lose out on the money received) and so now I am moving on to Neteller.
    Does Neteller allow people to try and claim their money back somehow, after they have transferred money to another Neteller user? Basically I want some money paid for a service I am offering, but I am worried of scammers just taking this money from me right after sending the payment.

Thanks for any help.
    Matt

bad_bob00, Oct 9, 2007 IP
  2. richman7

richman7 Banned

Best Answers:
    It does not matter what you are using, if it can be Funded w/ Credit Card, Debit Card, then there is a risk of chargeback.

richman7, Oct 10, 2007 IP
    bad_bob00 likes this.
  3. bad_bob00

bad_bob00 Active Member

Best Answers:
    How is this possible though? Is it if the person funds using a stolen debit/credit card? Or can a chargeback be caused another way?

Thanks for the help. Reps given richman7.

bad_bob00, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  4. richman7

richman7 Banned

Best Answers:
    Nope, what I mean is that Neteller fund is Soft Currency, not Hard. It can be funded by Credit Card, so chargeback can't be avoid. If the sender chargeback w/ the bank, even he did authorized it or not, it does not matter, the bank will take the money back. So what Net teller does is to take back the money you got of course, they are not going to PAY for that Loss.

Like in MoneyBookers, they claimed that Transaction can't be chargeback (hard currency) but it does not true also. I have received one chargeback in MoneyBookers for amount of 200$, no explanation from them at all.

richman7, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  5. Western

Western Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes neteller is also protect buyers
    but it get more hard as paypal (for chargeback they need strong reason)

Western, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  6. RabbitEarner

RabbitEarner Peon

Best Answers:
    I have some problem with neteller. I have deposited 100$ from my CC to neteller. It was my first deposit so they blocked my account for security reason.
    They contacted me via phone but i cant heard anything what support told me so i cant verify my data ;/
    I have contacted them first time via mail and no answer were given, so ive contacted them second, third etc times and no reply ;/ I have tried using i online chat and i havent receive any reply :( I have tried to call them but it is always bad number(probably my country isnt accept that number)

Any idea what should i do now?

RabbitEarner, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  7. bad_bob00

bad_bob00 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try using Live Chat late at night (well, late for the UK) as it seems quieter then. Ask them again in Live Chat as it's probably cheapest/quickest/easiest.

bad_bob00, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  8. onlyone

onlyone Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi RabbitEarner, i know some english but i hope you will understand it.

please not try live chat bacuse live operator representive will not open your account.neteller need phone verification first time.so,please try this number:-0014032339466(international rate apply).after dial this number you have need to choose option 1 then you have need dial your neteller account number which start with 45...,then custmor represintive attend your call andwill ask some security question like your first and last name,zip code,D.O.B.,email id.and then he/she will ask you we have need to contact at your telephone number as you registed in your neteller account.after 2 minute you will recive a call from neteller he/she will ask you again this security question to you and if the answer is correct.then he/she will open your account immidatly and never block again in.it is first time phone confermation,if you need any more help with neteller,please PM me i will guide to you for unblock your account.

onlyone, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  9. latino_heat

latino_heat Guest

Best Answers:
    can anyone help me with

i want to exchange paypal to neteller

pm me plz

latino_heat, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  10. onlyone

onlyone Banned

Best Answers:
    please try buy ,sell and trade forum for exchange your paypal anyone surely contact to you in 30 minutes.

onlyone, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  11. rimravi

rimravi Banned

Best Answers:
    This is from The terms and conditions of the neteller page

8.1 If you purchase electronic money using your credit card or though your bank account and then authorize a payment to a Merchant or other Member of the funds issued to your Account in exchange, you will not charge back, cancel or de-authorize the credit card or bank account charge. Without limiting our rights or remedies, if you do charge back, cancel or de-authorize your credit card or bank account charge in such circumstances, you are responsible for refunding the payment. We may, at our discretion, recover the amount by reducing your Account balance, re-charging your credit card or bank account for the amount or otherwise collecting such amount from you.

rimravi, Oct 13, 2007 IP
    bad_bob00 likes this.
  12. postcd

postcd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank You for usefull quotation "rimravi". According to it it seems to me that neteller chargebacks are possible but neteller will somehow claim back the funds from that person who chargeback money? So Netelelr chargeback is almost impossible?

Im receiving alot of neteller and dont want to get lost thousands of dolars because of some non reliable person?

postcd, Nov 13, 2012 IP