1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does my blog have the potential to make money (Should I purchase a domain name?)

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by AllAboutDBZ, May 23, 2010.

Here is my blog www.artisticexpression.com

It looks like a domain name but it isn't... I simply hyperlinked it... but should I purchase a domain name, and if I do would my blog have the potential to make money? It's more of a personal blog, but I sometimes also focus on mainstream issues, (i.e. race, religion etc.).

AllAboutDBZ, May 23, 2010 IP
  2. pandorasbox

pandorasbox Active Member

Best Answers:
    First of all it is a domain, it is re-directed to a wordpress page. Secondly, any business on earth can make money there are two questions you should ask yourself. How much money am I willing to spend to make it work, how much time do I want to invest in it. If you answered less than 4-5 hours a day or less than $20,000-30,000 minimum it will not work, unless you do offline advertising. So, remember this is just my opinion so no need for a reply or comment but think about how much you can actually make even if you did all of this. The answer is probably not enough to survive. Unless you put auctions of work from artist and add bio pages, membership cost, donations and more. So, think very long about it. I do not think it is worth it. But if it makes you happy go for it, maybe you have connections we don't know about and can get a large membership base.

pandorasbox, May 23, 2010 IP
  3. Serious Workers

Serious Workers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Learn to read buddy. He has already written about it there.

@Op: That depends upon as of how much money you are making with it now and how much you are going to make after purchasing a domain name.

Serious Workers, May 23, 2010 IP
  4. ilook

ilook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Using an own domain and buy hosting will give you absolutely more freedom than wordpress.com
    You can even install any plugin you want :)

ilook, May 23, 2010 IP
  5. Mr_Spike

Mr_Spike Member

Best Answers:
    you need to think about your target audience, how much traffic does your blog currently generate, how much can you increase this too through traffic generation either PPC or Article Marketing etc. are the blog viewers likely to buy products if so what products would you target to them? look at competitors blogs or websites see what they are doing and do it better!

If you can answer all these they you can understand how you are going to Monetize your blog, and move forward from there.

Mr_Spike, May 24, 2010 IP
  6. cpa-money

cpa-money Peon

Best Answers:
    i also have a news blog and to tell you the true the convertion rates are not that high

cpa-money, May 24, 2010 IP
  7. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    I would go ahead and get off the "freebie" stuff. In my own opinion it just looks unprofessional. Also, Wordpress limits what you can do with your website. That would be the first step to take. :)

PHPGator, May 24, 2010 IP
  8. AllAboutDBZ

AllAboutDBZ Peon

Best Answers:
    Well thanks but I'm definitely not thinking about spending any where near $20,000 on my website like a previous user stated...

^^^Not necessarily @ Gator... www.whitemeat.wordpress.com does not have a domain name and yet it's a very popular blog. It has nearly 1,000,000 hits...

I'm not making any money off of it now... I don't believe you're allowed to run google adsense with a free domain or other potential money makers...

AllAboutDBZ, May 24, 2010 IP
  9. nicolebeckett

nicolebeckett Peon

Best Answers:
    You can make money, depending on how much effort you put into it. You don't need to spend $20,000 to have a successful website or blog. With the right content, the right SEO strategy, and even some (minimal) pay per click advertising, you can make your blog successful. In my opinion, the biggest key is having content that people actually want to read. And with a blog, it needs to be updated frequently. Without that, you could invest a million dollars and it will never be successful.

nicolebeckett, May 24, 2010 IP