1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Google sort out .com names more then .co.uk's?

Discussion in 'Google' started by Dave E, Nov 3, 2006.

A guy I was speaking to recently said that he thought that Google was biased towards .com names as apposed to .co.uk's and I have been looking into it and in general the UK SEO companies with .com names have a higher Google PageRank then the UK seo companies with .co.uk names even if a site with a .co.uk has more quality backlinks the .com generally will still get a higher Google PageRank I don't know about SERP's beacuse there are many .co.uk websites with PR4's that are doing very well, however with regards to PageRank the .com names definatly seem to get sorted out more, I cannot find a single .co.uk SEO company with a PageRank higher then 6/10 where as with .com names there are a few PR7's and 8's like weboptimiser.com, bigmouthmedia.com & neutralize.com. I would be interested to hear what your thoughts are on this!

Dave E, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  2. TorchedSEO

TorchedSEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i have come across plenty of .co.uk domains when im searching on a us server, from a us ip, for a us based product so I doubt thats the case.

TorchedSEO, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  3. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Study what PR is first and you'll find there is absolutely no correlation.

T0PS3O, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  4. accurate

accurate Guest

Best Answers:
    In google.co.uk searches, I find that .co.uk sites seem to do better in the actual SERPs than .com sites,

given the same age, back links, etc

accurate, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  5. rainborick

rainborick Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The country-specific versions of Google, Yahoo! and MSN Live now give a great deal of weight to geo-location - even if the user does not select the country-specific search filter. They all use the same two criteria for determining geo-location: (1) the presence of a Country Code Top Level Domain (CCTLD) as in '.co.uk', or (2) the physical location of the server that hosts the domain based on its IP address. No other factors are considered. Your domain registration record won't matter, and there are no magic <meta> tags. There have been some recent reports of a few .com domains not being properly recognized in Google, so I would certainly recommend getting the appropriate CCTLD if you possibly can.

rainborick, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  6. Blanket

Blanket Peon

Best Answers:
    its all the same.

Blanket, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  7. redhits

redhits Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No , google don't care to much about the domain name extension

redhits, Nov 3, 2006 IP