1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Google Really Value DMOZ??

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by just-4-teens, Mar 15, 2006.

Well heres my findings, if DMOZ is given the great weight people think it is by google, then the site would be regulary indexed and backlink(s) from DMOZ would be picked up pretty quickly (assuming DMOZ is not using "no follow" on their links) anyway i have a site that is listed in DMOZ and google has picked up my link in some of the DMOZ clones but still fails to show the actual DMOZ link.

Is this because the page with my link on has not been reindexed in a long time, if so then DMOZ is just another directory in googles eyes.

just-4-teens, Mar 15, 2006 IP
  2. mdvaldosta

mdvaldosta Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, google doesn't show all the backlinks you have... only a portion. If you want to find out if Google knows about your link, search G for the page your site is listed on (I use site:<insert category web address>) and check the cache. If your link is listed on the cached view of the page, then they know about it.

mdvaldosta, Mar 15, 2006 IP
  3. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I don't believe Google does give a DMOZ listing any special significance beyond what any relevant link of equivalent PR would provide.

minstrel, Mar 15, 2006 IP
  4. fathom

fathom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree - particularly in the way you worded that.

"It is" just another link [or 2, ...] and beyond that if you acquire 1 or 2 similar links from elsewhere... you got the same thing.

fathom, Mar 16, 2006 IP
  5. boohlick

boohlick Banned

Best Answers:
    yep i do agree that google doesnt give much value in dmoz,google only use dmoz in their google directory other than that, i know nothing at all ;)

boohlick, Mar 17, 2006 IP
  6. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    IME it does give "little" importance only.
    Because you can outclass dmoz listed website in serp with little effort of seo. :)

Mong, Mar 17, 2006 IP