1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Google have problem with Statcounter and the invisible tag

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by MikeSwede, Aug 2, 2006.

Just a weird thought...... does anybody here that got hit lately use statcounter and the "invisible" tag?

For some reason, when I look at the cached, supplemental pages the link show up anyway even if the javascript says it is supposed to be invisible?
    To me it seems that either Google can't handle javascript, or Statcounter code is wrong or even wors, that when Google sees the invisible tag, it doesn't like it and send the page to the supplemental hell.....
    Maybe it's just me and my pages? Trying everything to figure out how, why and when....

MikeSwede, Aug 2, 2006 IP
  2. Jdog

Jdog Peon

Best Answers:
    You can turn the link off when you set up the code. I wouldn't think google would have a problem with it, spiders can't read scripts anyways right?

Jdog, Aug 2, 2006 IP
  3. MikeSwede

MikeSwede Peon

Best Answers:
    I have set it to invisible, turned off the link (got updated version) but still google shows a link on the cached page :confused:
    I think, correct me if I am wrong, that I read somewhere that Google bot now reads java scripts!!

4. dshah

dshah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have noted same exact same thing. I use the invisible counter and still it shows up in google.

I think I know why it happens. In invisible mode the statcounter code has a img tag (outside script) so google reads (like normal img) and this img tag has alt text set to it like web hit counter. Which is exactly what is seen in google.

dshah, Aug 2, 2006 IP
  5. MikeSwede

MikeSwede Peon

Best Answers:
    why is there a link? I see a link on my cached pages!

BTW, did I post in the wrong category again :( Hope I didn't get a reprimand again :(