1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does google adwords affect your natural search ranking?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by blogdude, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Torsten

Torsten Peon

Best Answers:
    True , they need to skip add blocks anyway, since it could influence the counting of clicks. On the other hand Adword can be a nice way to get people find your site that may place links to it.

Torsten, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  2. blogdude

blogdude Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, here's the facts. We have now turned off and on our Adwords program 5 times. After each time it was turned off, within a few days our rank dropped 1-3 positions. Then when we turned it back on, each time within a few days the rank went right back to where it was previously. This was for all major keywords. Now if it happened once or twice I would say that was coincidence, but 5 times and the exact same results each and every time.

blogdude, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  3. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess believe what you want to believe then.

GuyFromChicago, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  4. crozzer

crozzer Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, it does.

But not for the reasons discussed here so far.

I know for a fact that my AdWords ads have been picked up and run as plain text content in a site. I noticed it b/c i was getting clicks to a PPC landing page after turning off the campaign... Then, when those SEO links were eventually taken away, my website's rankings dropped accordingly.

It's an SEO tool to increase relevant content, I presume. I'm not even sure whether or not there is any AdSense revenue being generated, just relevant content

crozzer, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  5. topcampaigns

topcampaigns Guest

Best Answers:
    Absolutely NOT

Organic and Paid have no direct correlation to each other except in one small way.

When advertising with paid, your traffic goes up, your brand popularity goes up (word of mouth), and you may get a few free inbound links from here or there. In turn seeing an increase in your engine rankings.

A engine would never jeopardize what they stand for to make a few extra bucks. The SERPS provide the MOST relevant listings based on their algorithm (basically how popular a site is, and how relevant the keywords are on the site to the search query, category, ect. ect.) because ITS WHAT THE USERS WANT. Its about their users, without the user base an engine has nothing. If someone could truly point out that how much money an advertiser spent on an engines ppc system would increase their organic rank. Well, then, that would just be chaos. And walmart would be ranking #1 for every keyword phrase in the world.

-TP

topcampaigns, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  6. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Actually, I suspect it does. I've had a gradual (sometimes fast) climb in SERP for certain keywords that I was using in Adwords.

I've noticed that Google Analytics views some of the CPC keywords as natural keywords and I think that "error" factors into Google's calculation toward the SERP.

My opinion anyway.

usasportstraining, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  7. GuyFromChicago

Best Answers:
    I suspect that if I walk to work each day over the next year I will grow 19 inches taller.

GuyFromChicago, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  8. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I've suspected that as well.

usasportstraining, Jan 14, 2008 IP
    GuyFromChicago likes this.
  9. CustardMite

CustardMite Peon

Best Answers:
    It doesn't. Google have made that quite clear. The fact that two things happen at the same time doesn't imply causality.

CustardMite, Jan 15, 2008 IP
  10. CustardMite

CustardMite Peon

Best Answers:
    Although that said, every time I wear red socks to work, my favourite campaign performs well.

Though the office is starting to get a little fragrant...

CustardMite, Jan 15, 2008 IP
  11. JOYSEY

JOYSEY Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Raider,
    It was amazing to read your posting. I have had my website up and running for years now and always been on page 1 or 2, recently I took out adwords and now ranking on pages 54 and sometimes even higher. I'm not an expert on this what do you think I should do.
    Hope to hear from anyone.
    Thanks JOY

JOYSEY, Jan 16, 2008 IP
  12. oldstocks

oldstocks Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try inserting key words that you see in the ads. Maybe you will see better action based on that alone.

I did this on www.oldstocks.com with great success

oldstocks, Jan 16, 2008 IP
  13. uniqueasitis

uniqueasitis Peon

Best Answers:
    It is true that goolge has said that but how many things can you really believe which google tells you. I am not accusing google of lying but they also say that paid links do not affect rankings but they do - or at least people say they do.

I have read in places that adwords does add some "tinge" to your linking. But I do not know how true that is. But sure something to think about.

uniqueasitis, Jan 16, 2008 IP
  14. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe in this, too. I've seen my Adwords ads come up in meta descriptions, and almost behave as if it were part of the page it was displayed on.

Pixelrage, Jan 16, 2008 IP
  15. joebloggs

joebloggs Peon

Best Answers:
    The spiders do crawl ads. I've had many Google Alerts for yahoo PPC ads on their content network for sites I was trying to also promote using SEO.

That's not to say for sure that they also pass page rank of any degree. On my part it's just a theory, nothing more. I'd say it was a hypothesis but I don't think it would ever make enough difference to test properly, so I'm not that bothered.

The ads, using javascript or not, are crawled.

joebloggs, Mar 25, 2008 IP
  16. GuyFromChicago

Best Answers:
    They don't pass any page rank or influence the natural results in any way.

GuyFromChicago, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  17. lamelime

lamelime Peon

Best Answers:
    i don't think that it woudl, because you are technically helping google out by using there PPC program ;)

lamelime, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  18. joebloggs

joebloggs Peon

Best Answers:

I don't actually disagree with you, though I'd appreciate it if you would substantiate your position on the matter.

Just restating you opinion (that's what it is) isn't an argument in itself.

And what Google say and what's the actuality may not be synonymous. i.e. Google are capable of lying.

joebloggs, Mar 27, 2008 IP
  19. crysis-world.com

crysis-world.com Peon

Best Answers:
    no i dont think it affects it in any way

crysis-world.com, Mar 27, 2008 IP
  20. josephspencer

josephspencer Banned

Best Answers:
    I think it does affect your placement, definately. For example if you web site was based on the keyword web hosting and you had that in your ad, when that page is crawled with that ad on it with your domain, that page will be indexed and definately help with your place in search engines. At least that is what I have seen from my experience.

josephspencer, Mar 27, 2008 IP