1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does goo___ not consider internal links from ASP pages?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by harish318, Jul 20, 2004.

My website has a Main Page and Internal pages. Almost all internal pages has a footer that consists a link to the main page. All pages are ASP pages. However if I check in goo___ search link:www.mysite.com it only shows links from external pages. It does not show links from internal pages.

I checked links for some other sites and goo___ search result showed internal links also for these sites. However these pages were html pages.

So I am wondering if whether goo___ does not show internal links from ASP pages as all my pages are ASP pages.

Can anyone put light on why goo___ does not show internal links for my site.

Harish

harish318, Jul 20, 2004 IP
  2. North Carolina SEO

North Carolina SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Realize the G only shows some of the links pointing to your site via link:www.mysite.com. Depending on how the search engine sees your specific links on each page would be the determining factor.

Have you tried http://www.searchwho.com/sw5-spider.html? It may shed some light on your questions. :cool:

North Carolina SEO, Jul 20, 2004 IP
  3. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    It has been theorized that Google only processes the first fifty links on a page. If your footer is beyond that number than that might be the cause. I'm sure it's not down to it being .asp .

It might indeed also be that the page is below a certain PR rate so G decided not to show where it might use it for its algo.

T0PS3O, Jul 20, 2004 IP
  4. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Nobody knows for sure what Google shows, or reports, with their link: search anymore.

The rule use to be that it would only show pages of PR4 and higher, but it was assumed that it showed all of these. Today tou will find it reporting backlinks from pages lower than PR4, but the best guess about what it shows now is that it only showing a sampling of backlinks. And what their ctriteria is for this nobody knows.

It is also generally thought that Google knows about the links whether they report them or not, because people have had their reported backlinks fall dramatically, but their PR is remains the same.

compar, Jul 20, 2004 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    They count the first 100k of a page. Any links within the first 100k of the html document are counted, anything after that are not (same with general content of the page... Google simply truncates the page at 100k).

digitalpoint, Jul 20, 2004 IP